Create your personal agenda –check the favourite icon
Ministerial keynote address
Margot James MP, Minister for Digital, DCMS
Next steps: How can we accelerate investment in high-capacity networks across the UK?
- The road to full fibre
- Progress report: Key developments in the last year
- Regulation, what needs to change and what should stay the same?
- Is greater collaboration the key to realising the socioeconomic rewards of a better Connected Britain?
Greg Mesch, Chief Executive Officer, CityFibre
Presentation from Nokia
Cormac Whelan, Chief Executive Officer UK and Ireland, Nokia
Chair’s opening address
Chair's opening address
Michael Dargue, Principal, Cartesian
Accelerating along the road to Gigabit Britain
- Is full-fibre and 5G a realistic goal for the UK?
- Wayleaves, developers, landlords and the rest – understanding the UK’s broadband ecosystem and how we can better navigate it
- The road to FTTEverywhere
- Transforming fixed access networks
- The role of copper extension technologies and gigabit coax
Moderator: Ben King, CEO, WarwickNet Ltd
Ian Dabson, Project Director, Infrastructure and Projects Authority (HM Treasury and Cabinet Office)
Mikael Sandberg, Chairman, VXFIBER
Mike Knott, Market Development Manager, Corning Optical Communications GmbH & Co KG
Joanne Dutton, Strategy Director, Lightning, Virgin Media
Digital transformation in the UK: Delivering a new Britain
- Exploring digital investment strategies for UK enterprises
- How can regulation support the UK’s digital transformation?
- Capitalising on the UK’s global digital leadership
- Technology and infrastructure
Garry Miller, Head of Group Public Policy, BT
Jacqueline de Rojas CBE, Chair, Digital Leaders & President, techUK
Building the cities of the future
- Delivering smart city infrastructure
- Realising the socioeconomic benefits of smarter cities
- The changing role of government in the smart city
- Encouraging collaboration and partnerships between stakeholders
Paul Copping, Chief Innovation Officer, Digital Greenwich of Royal Borough of Greenwich
Ian Pulford, Director, Business Lead, CityLabs
Chris Henning, Strategic Director, Economy, Nottingham City Council
Bringing high-capacity broadband networks to the underserved
- Addressing the rural issue: connecting the hardest-to-reach
- Connecting urban ‘not spots’ areas
- Creating a regulatory framework that promotes investment in underserved areas
- Exploring the current state of investment
- Private and public funding strategies
- The role of alternative access technologies
Moderator: Michael Dargue, Principal, Cartesian
Barry Forde MBE, CEO, B4RN
Richard Neudegg, Head of Regulation, Uswitch
The Path to Digital Reinvention
Sabine Azancot, Partner, Digital Strategy, IBM
Exploring new innovations in BDUK projects
Carolyn Johnson, Project Director, Tameside, BDUK
Matt Smith, Operations Manager, Fastershire
James Cushing, Project Director, West Sussex, BDUK
Current state of investment and the path to the future
- How have DIIF and NDIF altered the investment environment for the UK telecoms industry?
- How are investor preferences towards fibre infrastructure investments impacting rollout?
- Making sense of demand and competition dynamics in the UK
- How can the UK overcome fibre deployment costs?
Moderator: John Karidis, Director, Numis Corporation Plc
Sean McLachlan, Senior Director, Aviva Investors
Stephen Howard, Head of Global TMT Research, H.S.B.C. Bank
Philippa Eddie, Commercial Finance Specialist, Infrastructure and Projects Authority
Delivering thriving digital economic communities across the UK
- How can we deliver tech hubs outside traditional ‘digital centres’
- Exploring innovative projects that have enabled new hubs to grow
The role of mobile networks in realising the smart city promise
- The role of 4G and Wi-Fi
- The future potential of 5G
- Building IoT networks to support smart cities
WORKSHOP: Local Full Fibre Networks Programme workshop
Hear from the Department for Culture, Media & Sport and the Crown Commercial Service on the opportunities emerging form the LFFN Programme
Host: Justin Leese, Programme Director, Local Full Fibre Networks, D.C.M.S.
Host: Ieuan Trigger, Commercial/Category Director Networks, Crown Commercial Service
Presentation from Mentor Europe
Lighting up the UK: Accelerating the march to digital Britain with dark fibre
- Exploring the state of dark fibre in the UK
- How could more effective dark fibre provision enable businesses to capitalise on digital opportunity?
- Demand and competition dynamics
- Exploring the regulatory environment
Moderator: Jaume Fornos, Strategy Manager, Cartesian
George Wareing, Sales Director, CityFibre
Malcolm Goddard, Group Commercial Director, Gamma
Innovation in the smart city model
- The latest innovations from recent UK trials; e.g. energy management, mobility solutions
- Building smart city infrastructure; small cells, sensors, smart street lighting, etc
- The role of wireless networks in the smart city; 4G, IoT, Wi-Fi, 5G
Julie Snell, Managing Director, Bristol Is Open
Testbeds and trials: How are government funded projects accelerating 5G development?
Dimitra Simeonidou, Professor of High Performance Networks and Chief Technology Officer, Bristol Is Open
Delivering world-class digital public services
- Exploring Britain's digital strategy
- New partnership models
- The benefits of digital healthcare, education and e-government
- Maintaining the UK's position as a leader in digital government
Mark O'Neill, Chief Digital Officer, Department for Education UK
Enabling 5G with spectrum sharing
Presentation from Nominet
5G in the UK: Building next generation mobile
- Is collaboration the key to realising 5G in the UK?
- What will the 5G architecture look like?
- Does government funding go far enough to support the advancement of 5G in the UK?
- Convergence strategies for UK telcos
- Optimising spectrum regulation for the UK’s 5G future
Moderator: Caroline Gabriel, Research Director, Rethink Research
Scott Coates, CEO, Wireless Infrastructure Group
Phil Sheppard, Director of Network Strategy, Three
Karl Liriano, Head of Radio Networks, O2 Telefónica U.K.
UK Digital Strategy: How is the government enabling a Digital Britain?
- Exploring Government policy and how it incentives digital economic growth and entrepreneurship
- Putting the UK at the centre of the development of the next wave of technologies
Emily Clark, Chief Economist, BT
Steven Roberts, Strategic Transformation Director, Barclays
Big data and the smart city
- Finding new ways to collect and analyse data to enhance smart city living
- Capitalising on the opportunities of data sharing
- Using data to empower citizens
Rosalind Singleton, Managing Director, UK Broadband
Education as the key to a more digital society
Moderator: John Domingue, Director of KMI, Faculty of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics, The Open University
Keynote address from Ofcom
Sharon White, Chief Executive Officer, Ofcom
Unlocking the Potential of Connected Britain
- How emerging technology trends and societal challenges can be addressed, using the underlying high-speed infrastructure that Connected Britain will have.
Connected Britain 2018 – 2025: Reshaping the UK’s connectivity landscape
- What needs to change and what should stay the same?
- Collaboration – how can the industry work together to deliver next generation networks
- Full fibre and 5G – if or when?
Matthew Hare, Chief Executive, Gigaclear
Rob Evans, MD, Project Lightning, Virgin Media
Dana Tobak, CEO, Hyperoptic
17:45 Networking drinks reception and inaugural Connected Britain Awards
Join us for the inaugural Connected Britain Awards where will be celebrating broadband and connectivity pioneers from across the UK.
Create your personal agenda –check the favourite icon
Strategies for delivering our 5G future
- Will the UK be ready for 5G launch in 2020?
- Exploring trial progress
- How is government funding spurring the development of 5G in the UK?
- Investment strategies for building 5G networks
- Is collaboration essential for delivering the 5G future?
Philip Marnick, Group Director, Ofcom
Derek McManus, Chief Operating Officer, Telefonica O2
Interactive roundtable discussions exploring innovative investment models, strategies and technologies that are accelerating the rollout of superfast and ultrafast networks across the UK
An alternative view: A look at broadband policies from across the UK
- Exploring broadband legislations from across the UK's political spectrum
- Innovative legislation that could drive investment in high-capacity networks
- What role should the Government play as an investor in high-capacity broadband networks?
- How could the legislative environment better incentivise investment?
Mark Collins, Co-founder and Director, Strategy & Public Affairs, CityFibre
Lord Chris Fox, Spokesperson for Business, Enterprise and Industrial Strategy, Liberal Democrats
Chi Onwurah, Shadow Minister for Industrial Strategy, Science and Innovation, UK Government
Brendan O'Hara, Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Culture and Media), Scottish National Party
Squaring the circle: How can we build more effective ecosystems for broadband rollouts?
- How can broadband providers work more effectively with property developers and housing associations?
- Delivering improved planning regulations
- Civil infrastructure access and development
Moderator: Oliver Johnson, Chief Executive Officer, Point Topic
Steven Bage, Strategic Infrastructure Advisor, City of London
Keith Carnegie, COO, Bovis Homes Ltd
Donna Leeding, General Manager, Account Management, Openreach
Craig Ferrans, Technical Director, The Home Builders Federation
Security in a digital UK: Exploring threats and remedies
- Addressing the rise of cybercrime in a digital economy
- Delivering cybersecurity services and solutions
- Adapting to emerging threats
Andrzej Kawalec, CTO, Head of Strategy & Innovation, Vodafone Enterprise Security Services
Paul Edmunds, Head of Technology, National Crime Agency
Andy Wall, Chief Security Officer, Office for National Statistics
Delivering the 4th Industrial Revolution
- What progress has been made so far by Britain’s Industrial Strategy?
- M2M and IoT
- The Industrial IoT as the key to future prosperity
- Unlocking the business potential of the IoT
- Strategies for regulating the IoT
Nitu Kaushal, Head of IoT Value Added Services, Enterprise Products & Solutions, Vodafone
Delivering a Connected Britain for all
- Achieving digital inclusion
- Bridging the divide and achieving community cohesion
- Promoting digital skills from school to retirement
- Addressing the key challenges; access, skills, motivation and trust
Leigh Smyth, Head of Digital Inclusion, Lloyds Banking Group
Adam Micklethwaite, Director of Digital Inclusion, Good Things Foundation
Collaboration or competition: Exploring alternative investment models that can speed up rollouts
- Competition, franchising or network sharing – how can we optimize network investment models?
- Should the government be working to stop overbuild?
- How can we optimise rollout?
Moderator: John Irvine, Chief Executive Officer, WightFibre
Ali Law, Head of Policy U.K. and Ireland, Sky
Workplace Transformation: Exploring changing working experiences in a digital Britain
- Understanding the changing digital workplace and its impact on working patterns
- How does workplace transformation enrich employees working experience and personal lives?
- Increasing productivity in the mobile workplace
Neil Barnett, Senior Digital Communications Manager, Heathrow Airport Ltd
Kelvyn Hipperson, Deputy Director Workplace, H.M.R.C.
Philip Clayson, Technology Director, TalkTalk Group
Building the infrastructure for intelligent transport systems
- Delivering improved transport corridor connectivity
- Maximising the use of existing infrastructure
- Who will install, manage and own the networks?
- Public vs Private funding?
- The role of infrastructure sharing
Matthew Griffin, Head of Digital (Commercial Development), Transport for London
John Aloy, Managing Partner - National Infrastructure & Passenger Services, O2 Telefonica U.K.
Delivering business transformation for SMEs and the charity sector
- Delivering connectivity for SMEs and VSCEs
- Addressing the barriers of digitising businesses
- Reaping the benefits of digitalisation
- Promoting digital skills for staff
David Webb, FSB DCMS Policy Portfolio Chair, Federation of Small Businesses
Steven Eke, Digital Sector Lead, Colchester Borough Council
last published: 24/Apr/18 15:55 GMT