Create your personal agenda –check the favourite icon
Ministerial keynote address
Margot James MP, Minister for Digital, DCMS
Next steps: How can we accelerate investment in high-capacity networks across the UK?
- The road to full fibre
- Progress report: Key developments in the last year
- Regulation, what needs to change and what should stay the same?
- Is greater collaboration the key to realising the socioeconomic rewards of a better Connected Britain?
Greg Mesch, Chief Executive Officer, CityFibre
Tristia Harrison, CEO, TalkTalk
Accelerating along the road to Gigabit Britain
- Is full-fibre and 5G a realistic goal for the UK?
- Wayleaves, developers, landlords and the rest – understanding the UK’s broadband ecosystem and how we can better navigate it
- The road to FTTEverywhere
- Transforming fixed access networks
- The role of copper extension technologies and gigabit coax
Ian Dabson, Project Director, Infrastructure and Projects Authority (HM Treasury and Cabinet Office)
Mike Knott, Market Development Manager, Corning Optical Communications GmbH & Co KG
Joanne Dutton, Strategy Director, Lightning, Virgin Media
Digital transformation in the UK: Delivering a new Britain
- Exploring digital investment strategies for UK enterprises
- How can regulation support the UK’s digital transformation?
- Capitalising on the UK’s global digital leadership
- Technology and infrastructure
Jacqueline de Rojas CBE, Chair, Digital Leaders & President, techUK
Building the cities of the future
- Delivering smart city infrastructure
- Realising the socioeconomic benefits of smarter cities
- The changing role of government in the smart city
- Encouraging collaboration and partnerships between stakeholders
Alan Fletcher, Business Development Manager and Lab Manager, Smart and Open University
Paul Copping, Chief Innovation Officer, Digital Greenwich of Royal Borough of Greenwich
Bringing high-capacity broadband networks to the underserved
- Addressing the rural issue: connecting the hardest-to-reach
- Connecting urban ‘not spots’ areas
- Creating a regulatory framework that promotes investment in underserved areas
- Exploring the current state of investment
- Private and public funding strategies
- The role of alternative access technologies
Moderator: Michael Dargue, Principal, Cartesian
Barry Forde MBE, CEO, B4RN
Caroline Johnson, MP for Sleaford and North Hykeham, UK Government
Current state of investment and the path to the future
- How have DIIF and NDIF altered the investment environment for the UK telecoms industry?
- How are investor preferences towards fibre infrastructure investments impacting rollout?
- Making sense of demand and competition dynamics in the UK
- How can the UK overcome fibre deployment costs?
Sean McLachlan, Senior Director, Aviva Investors
Philippa Eddie, Commercial Finance Specialist, Infrastructure and Projects Authority
Delivering thriving digital economic communities across the UK
- How can we deliver tech hubs outside traditional ‘digital centres’
- Exploring innovative projects that have enabled new hubs to grow
The role of mobile networks in realising the smart city promise
- The role of 4G and Wi-Fi
- The future potential of 5G
- Building IoT networks to support smart cities
Ker Anderson, Head of London Network, Vodafone UK
WORKSHOP: Local Full Fibre Networks Programme workshop
Hear from the Department for Culture, Media & Sport and the Crown Commercial Service on the opportunities emerging form the LFFN Programme
Presentation from Mentor Europe
David Hilliard, Chief Executive Officer, Mentor
Lighting up the UK: Accelerating the march to digital Britain with dark fibre
- Exploring the state of dark fibre in the UK
- How could more effective dark fibre provision enable businesses to capitalise on digital opportunity?
- Demand and competition dynamics
- Exploring the regulatory environment
Innovation in the smart city model
- The latest innovations from recent UK trials; e.g. energy management, mobility solutions
- Building smart city infrastructure; small cells, sensors, smart street lighting, etc
- The role of wireless networks in the smart city; 4G, IoT, Wi-Fi, 5G
Julie Snell, Managing Director, Bristol Is Open
Noelle Godfrey, Head of Digital Infrastructure, Cambridgeshire County Council
Testbeds and trials: How are government funded projects accelerating 5G development?
Dimitra Simeonidou, Professor of High Performance Networks and Chief Technology Officer, Bristol Is Open
Delivering world-class digital public services
- Exploring Britain's digital strategy
- New partnership models
- The benefits of digital healthcare, education and e-government
- Maintaining the UK's position as a leader in digital government
Mark O'Neill, Chief Digital Officer, Department for Education UK
Enabling 5G with spectrum sharing
Presentation from Nominet
5G in the UK: Building next generation mobile
- Is collaboration the key to realising 5G in the UK?
- What will the 5G architecture look like?
- Does government funding go far enough to support the advancement of 5G in the UK?
- Convergence strategies for UK telcos
- Optimising spectrum regulation for the UK’s 5G future
Scott Coates, CEO, Wireless Infrastructure Group
Phil Sheppard, Director of Network Strategy, Three
Karl Liriano, Head of Radio Networks, O2 Telefónica U.K.
UK Digital Strategy: How is the government enabling a Digital Britain?
- Exploring Government policy and how it incentives digital economic growth and entrepreneurship
- Putting the UK at the centre of the development of the next wave of technologies
Big data and the smart city
- Finding new ways to collect and analyse data to enhance smart city living
- Capitalising on the opportunities of data sharing
- Using data to empower citizens
Andrew Collinge, Smart City Lead, Assistant Director of Intelligence and Analysis, Greater London Authority
Education as the key to a more digital society
Moderator: John Domingue, Director of KMI, Faculty of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics, The Open University
Keynote address from Ofcom
Sharon White, Chief Executive Officer, Ofcom
Connected Britain 2018 – 2025: Reshaping the UK’s connectivity landscape
- What needs to change and what should stay the same?
- Collaboration – how can the industry work together to deliver next generation networks
- Full fibre and 5G – if or when?
Matthew Hare, Chief Executive, Gigaclear
Dana Tobak, CEO, Hyperoptic
17:45 Networking drinks reception and inaugural Connected Britain Awards
Join us for the inaugural Connected Britain Awards where will be celebrating broadband and connectivity pioneers from across the UK.
Create your personal agenda –check the favourite icon
Strategies for delivering our 5G future
- Will the UK be ready for 5G launch in 2020?
- Exploring trial progress
- How is government funding spurring the development of 5G in the UK?
- Investment strategies for building 5G networks
- Is collaboration essential for delivering the 5G future?
Derek McManus, Chief Operating Officer, Telefonica O2
Interactive roundtable discussions exploring innovative investment models, strategies and technologies that are accelerating the rollout of superfast and ultrafast networks across the UK
An alternative view: A look at the proposed broadband policies of the UK’s political opposition
- Exploring broadband legislations of the UK’s political opposition
- Innovative legislation that could drive investment in high-capacity networks
- What role should the Government play as an investor in high-capacity broadband networks?
- How could the legislative environment better incentivise investment?
Mark Collins, Co-founder and Director, Strategy & Public Affairs, CityFibre
Squaring the circle: How can we build more effective ecosystems for broadband rollouts?
- How can broadband providers work more effectively with property developers and housing associations?
- Delivering improved planning regulations
- Civil infrastructure access and development
Steven Bage, Strategic Infrastructure Advisor, City of London
Craig Ferrans, Technical Director, The Home Builders Federation
Security in a digital UK: Exploring threats and remedies
- Addressing the rise of cybercrime in a digital economy
- Delivering cybersecurity services and solutions
- Adapting to emerging threats
Andrzej Kawalec, CTO, Head of Strategy & Innovation, Vodafone Enterprise Security Services
Delivering the 4th Industrial Revolution
- What progress has been made so far by Britain’s Industrial Strategy?
- M2M and IoT
- The Industrial IoT as the key to future prosperity
- Unlocking the business potential of the IoT
- Strategies for regulating the IoT
Delivering a Connected Britain for all
- Achieving digital inclusion
- Bridging the divide and achieving community cohesion
- Promoting digital skills from school to retirement
- Addressing the key challenges; access, skills, motivation and trust
Leigh Smyth, Head of Digital Inclusion, Lloyds Banking Group
Navroza Ladha, Deputy Director, Digital Skills and Inclusion, D.C.M.S.
Collaboration or competition: Exploring alternative investment models that can speed up rollouts
- Competition, franchising or network sharing – how can we optimize network investment models?
- Should the government be working to stop overbuild?
- How can we optimise rollout?
Workplace Transformation: Exploring changing working experiences in a digital Britain
- Understanding the changing digital workplace and its impact on working patterns
- How does workplace transformation enrich employees working experience and personal lives?
- Increasing productivity in the mobile workplace
Neil Barnett, Senior Digital Communications Manager, Heathrow Airport Ltd
Building the infrastructure for intelligent transport systems
- Delivering improved transport corridor connectivity
- Maximising the use of existing infrastructure
- Who will install, manage and own the networks?
- Public vs Private funding?
- The role of infrastructure sharing
Delivering business transformation for SMEs and the charity sector
- Delivering connectivity for SMEs and VSCEs
- Addressing the barriers of digitising businesses
- Reaping the benefits of digitalisation
- Promoting digital skills for staff
Steven Eke, Digital Sector Lead, Colchester Borough Council
David Webb, FSB DCMS Policy Portfolio Chair, Federation of Small Businesses
last published: 01/Feb/18 15:55 GMT