Create your personal agenda –check the favourite icon
Ensuring Australia's defence capabilities whilst executing large scale digital and information transformation
Stephen Pearson, CIO, Australian Department of Defence
Enabling digital transformation with #pragmaticsecurity
The increased focus on digital transformation, coupled with the rapid evolution of technology, has made cyber security even more of a key strategic priority for business.However, in an era where “digital” is synonymous with words like agility, adaptability and speed, traditional risk-averse approaches to cyber security are no longer acceptable.
- Identifying some of the pitfalls of traditional, risk-averse approaches to cyber security-
- Describing how cyber security risk management practices need to evolve to enable successful digital transformation
- Highlighting some key examples of what the Government of Canada is doing in an effort to change its culture of cyber security
Po Tea-Duncan, Acting Executive Director of Cyber Security, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, Government of Canada
Topic to be announced
Digitally enabling the RBA and its integration into the broader economy
- Role of technology at a Central Bank in an increasingly Digital World
- Digital Transformation at the RBA
- Building Digital Capabilities and Resilience
Developing machine learning and AI-based applications in supporting government services
Leanne Fry, National Manager Innovation & Technology Solutions, AUSTRAC
Designing a strong coordinated response against cyber-attacks on your organisation
Data Essential for Identity: How next gen identity management may improve identity data
Before identity can be data, the identity itself must be assured. Disparate data in anonymous systems can mean inaccurate identity resolution. To help assure greater identity integrity, the underlying architecture of an identity management system must be constructed in a manner conducive to the highest assurance possible that disparate identity data is creating an accurate "identity", especially when that identity is used proactively to establish a security risk or access to government services.
- Identity data standards necessary for identity resolution
- Key concepts in next generation identity management architecture
- An overview of the US Department of Defense next generation identity management system
AI Powered business transformation
- ASADA has moved from a paper based agency to fully in the cloud (at Protected) in 18 months which saw us win the IPAA Government innovation award last year.
- ASADA operates on a global stage with extensive global collaboration and partnerships.
- AI and data are the backbone of the transformation forming an informed and automated organisation.
- Talk about the lessons learnt, what went right and wrong and how Government agencies can use AI to accelerate their modernisation.
Andrew Collins, CIO, Sport Integrity Australia
Establishing a robust cyber workforce in an evolving digital landscape
Narelle Devine, General Manager Cyber Services, Services Australia
Enabling public value in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR)
- A forward thinking look at defining, deciding and delivering the social servicing fabric of tomorrow
- The implications and extrapolations that 4IR technologies such as AI, Quantum Computing, DLT, IoT etc. enable in digital societies
- Considering mass policy simulations, algorithmic bias, human synergistics, and a shoes on the table approach
Identification Standards for the Future
- New Zealand has launched a new suite of Identification Standards that do things differently
- Flexible, yet robust controls that support new innovative approaches
- Standards that work in any delivery mode and designed with inevitable technological change in mind
Establishing a "fully digital" government service agency
Robert Bollard, CIO, IP Australia
Cognitive computing systems in the public sector
- Critical success factors when designing, developing, and deploying CCSs
- Governance challenges that one must address to maximize value from CCSs deployments
- A maturity model to guide organisations to bolster their CCSs capabilities
Building cyber security capability in the healthcare sector
- With an increased use of technology comes a need to focus on securing sensitive information.
- Cyber security is a team sport - how we can support each other to better understand and mitigate risks of informaton security
- Building cyber security defence capabilities across the entire health ecosystem
Anthony Kitzelmann, Chief Information Security Officer, Australian Digital Health Agency
The use of biometrics in passports - Australian Biometric Standards Update
Shashi Samprathi, Director, Passport Standards and Biometrics, Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Producing lean governance service models for scaling robot telepresence to help sick kids
- Using technology to drive policy change across complex problems, government sectors and jurisdictions
- Applying innovation principles to developing new-breed governance service models capable of scaling solutions
- Solving social problems by mobilising the strengths of government, private sector, social enterprise and not-for-profits
Exploring how digital identity technology and policy are being shaped in the Global South, with a particular focus on Latin America and Brazil.
- Panorama of digital identities and sectoral uses in Latin America, considering healthcare, financial inclusion, digital government and social protection. With examples from Brazil, Peru, Chile and Mexico.
- Practical examples of digital identity conjuncture in Brazil, including from a historic failure in institutionalizing a unique civil identification until our joint initiative with the Rio de Janeiro's Ministry of Finance with a decentralized mobile-based wallet for digital authentication, and its technical and legal challenges.
- How to really influence the decision-making as to maximize the benefits and minimize the harms of our digital identity design choices? In the last session of the presentation a short interaction with a social policy game (IDLand) to inform authorities and policy-makers in their decisions.
Delivering the digital promise in your organisation
Nick Cornish, Chief Digital Officer, Australian Trade and Investment Commission
How NAB uses Artificial Intelligence to tackle fraud
Tim Sparks, Head of Advanced Analytics Enablement, National Australia Bank
Ensuring cyber safety and protecting yourself from the latest online scams
- An explanation of the role of the ACCC’s Scamwatch function in the Australian government’s fight against scams.
- The latest scams affecting Australians in 2020, noting some in particular have risen in prevalence as a result of lifestyle changes due to the recent pandemic.
- Scam protection advice, both generally and with respect to the most common scams at the moment.
ConnectID: Eftpos’ national digital identity infrastructure
- The eftpos digital identity infrastructure for Australia
- Digital Identity framework interoperability, TDIF and TrustID
- Use cases for Government
Modernising capabilities, realising efficiencies and strengthening cyber security
- Balance of risk versus customer experience
- Systems - know what you have and protect your critical assets
- Not all assets have to be protected in the same way - making decisions
Richard Haley, Executive Assistant Director - Information And Technology, Federal Bureau of Investigation
Create your personal agenda –check the favourite icon
Building a secure user-centric platform accessible by all citizens
Martin Sivorn, Head Of Security, Government Digital Service, UK Cabinet Office
Protecting the United States with biometrics
- USBP’s biometric initiatives
- USBP’s biometric response to back to back border crises
- USBP’s use of biometric technology during the COVID-19 pandemic
Australia's Blockchain Future: What does federal blockchain policy mean for the Australian Public Service?
Chloe White will provide an overview of the federal government’s first National Blockchain Roadmap 2020-25 and its relevance to the public service.
Achieving citizen centric digital transformation across government
- What are our citizens telling us that they want to improve the experience with government?
- How are we working together across government to deliver better outcomes through digital transformation?
- What are all the moving parts we need to bring together to make digital transformation work?
Practical strategies in measuring and maintaining a robust cybersecurity posture
Jamie Norton, Assistant Commissioner And Chief Information Security Officer, Australian Taxation Office
Aligning Identity across Government
- How do you identify people across multiple programs when we all capture data in different ways? What happens when you cannot share information due to legislation.
- How do we work across Commonwealth, State and Local government to achieve these outcomes.
- How do we ensure that the business change and the IT change is complementary and meets the needs of the people.
Blockchain applications in Australian agriculture
- Blockchain is next generation digital economic infrastructure for trade, smart contracts, digital payments, identity, provenance tracking
- Agricultural supply chains will move to blockchain
- This will bring massive benefit to Australian agricultural producers and exporters
Jason Potts, Director, RMIT Blockchain Innovation Hub, RMIT University
David v Goliath in the Cyber Space, a story of effective Government collaboration
Troy Micallef, Deputy Chief Information Office, Sport Integrity Australia
Achieving interoperability health systems
Zoran Bolevich, Chief Executive And CIO, NSW Health
Global Blockchain Standardisation
Vi Le, Stakeholder Engagement Manager, Standards Australia
Developing a practical cyber security strategy for your organisation
Rachael Leighton, Principal Advisor, Cyber Strategy And Engagement, Department of Premier and Cabinet - Victoria
Topic to be announced
Sue Egan, Director, Identity Program Fraud Control & Assurance Branch Business Integrity Division, Department of Human Services
Government adoption of blockchain technology - lessons around the world
- What countries are leading in government adoption of blockchain technology?
- What are they doing right and what can Australia learn?
- What does this mean for the National Blockchain Roadmap?
Steve Vallas, CEO, Blockchain Australia
Implementing a new tool to define an appropriate project management methodology
- Taking an innovative approach to the implementation of a cost effective open and transparent project/portfolio “management” solution within a NSW Government department
- Managing change, and resistance, through the planning, execution, and in the ongoing live environment.
- Influencing change across the broader Health network through innovation, and demonstrable success measures.
Human firewall: The ginormous cyber security challenge
- Along with Covid-19 we are living in another pandemic of cybersecurity threats and no one’s data is safe anymore in the digital age. Understanding how to identify and avoid these threats helps us to secure our digital devices and therefore our digital lives.
- How well is our enterprise or employee equipped against highly skilled criminals, malicious hackers or nations that aim to steal data or valuable digital information or service?
- How technology and The Human Firewall will keep many businesses alive, protect them from threats and ultimately give them a robust competitive advantage?
Facial recognition technology: A looming human rights issue
- What are the risks for the community… and government?
- Beyond the facial recognition sales pitch: accuracy and why this matters
- The right to privacy and the need to avoid mass surveillance
Cryptographic technoliges and cyber security in real world systems
- Basic introduction of cryptographic technologies in real world systems
- Examples of using cryptography in our daily life
- Importance of using cryptographic technologies to provide cyber security
Have you built a brick house ? Operational considerations of implementing Strong Authentication
- Data breaches are costly, disruptive and unfortunately, increasing.The majority of data breaches today are still caused by stolen login credentials.Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is generally recognised as a sound mitigation strategy to prevent phishing and man in the middle attacks.As the sophistication of attacks increases, traditional two-factor authentication techniques (2FA) are no longer adequate.
- With FIDO2/WebAuthn standards for MFA, organisations can benefit from a frictionless user experience whilst strengthening security to prevent phishing and MitM attacks.The FIDO2/WebAuthn standards also pave the way for a future passwordless authentication experience.
- Understand why a brick house keeps the attackers at bay.
Building Australia's cyber security capability through collaboration between industry, government and research
Computer vision - current applications and the future trends
Skeeve Stevens, Director, Future Crime Agency
Designing human centred technology solutions - Meet 'Dexter' the Ro'bot'
- Understanding human centred design principles to improve citizen services
- Using research, feedback and engagement to consider the needs of citizens
- Improving digital processes through: Introducing ‘Dexter’
The role of data in defining the technology strategy for the council
Simon Weller, IT Architect & Data Capability, City of Melbourne
Implementing Office 365: preparation, transition, adoption
- Preparing people for the new Cloud paradigm
- Juggling agile and waterfall project methodologies
- How ready do you need to be?
Correct photo capture requirements
Critical to ensure accurate Smart Gate Border & Enrolment matching
John Rule, Managing Director & ISO Committee Member IT 032 SC 37, Brands Australia
Problem solving: The use of data analysis and digital infrastructure to improve social, economic and community outcomes
- Central Coast Council is the 6th largest council in Australia. It has been challenged with the benefits and risks associated with bordering Sydney. Families are missing out on valuable time with each other.
- How we are rethinking the issue to design a new way of resolving this problem
- Can/How can data and Technology play a role in resolving this issue
Peter Auhl, CIO, 2019 Digital Innovator, Central Coast Council
Building a trusted research cloud
- Delivering trusted infrastructure to enable the Australian Research Community to work with government and other sensitive data
- Challenges in connecting the research community with government data including cyber-security and data sovereignty.
- Delivering trusted network connectivity to the Research and Education Sector in Australia
Collaboration between government, industry, academia and community – a key part to Australia’s cyber security strategy
Cracking down on crime and terrorism with an effective identity program
Darren Bark, Director, Strategic Priorities & Identity, NSW Police Force
Embracing Cloud Infrastructure to improve Digital Capability and Efficiency
- How did Geoscience Australia embrace the use of cloud technology?
- What cloud-native approaches have provided the organisation?
- Why is it that cloud is so important for velocity, quality and usefulness of our digital systems?
ICT Adoption in NSW Local Government: Views from the Coalface
The rhetoric around ICT adoption in local government looms large: Smart cities, rumours of a lack of suppliers in the ERM space, and the vexatious nature of social media. But what is the experience of ICT professionals in the sector? We undertook ethics approved, anonymous in-depth interviews with 31 ICT professionals from a range of council types in NSW. We found that ICT adoptions in local governments are incredibly complex, with IT professionals having varying levels of experience in local government. New policy changes by other tiers of governments, organisational cultural factors, compliance obligations, the digital divide in the community, rapid changes in technology, the domination of ICT vendors and community engagement are some of the most apparent influences on ICT adoptions in councils. Most of all, ICT professionals want a seat at the strategy table, with only some allowed a chair.
Digital Innovation: Aiming to Learn Fast in Local Government
- What is Digital Innovation?
- What are we doing differently?
- What have we learned so far?
Topic to be announced
Cat herding tales
Local, national and international opportunities and challenges for better collaboration with local government stakeholders.
The Smart Beaches Project
Tony Blunden, Project Manager, Lake Macquarie City Council
How biometric identification services are effectively utilised for visa and border processing
- Identity is an important integrity measure that contributes significantly to protecting Australia's border.
- Biometric identification services enable a greater level of assurance that a traveller entering the country is who they say they are.
- Accurately identifying people who interact with Government also streamlines visa and border services.
last published: 07/Aug/20 02:45 GMT