This year, emerging African countries will capture their largest share ever of the world’s total economic growth. Business traffic will continue to grow as a result. A growing tourism sector, urbanisation and the emergence of the African middle class will also help boost the sector. But is the aviation industry positioned to tap into this growth potential?
This panel will address the above question, and also consider how the industry needs to improve, if it is to fully capitalise on the sector’s potential opportunities, including:
• Market dynamics: over capacity and rationalisation prospects
• Technology: fuel consumption and operating costs
• Refining the customer proposition
• Getting more from the corporate market
• Low-cost, long haul prospects
• The rise of Gulf carriers and their impact on Africa
• When will Africa be the next aviation hotspot?
• African air transport growth prospects