Create your personal agenda –check the favourite icon
How can technology change marketing for the better?
- How blockchain can improve transparency in media buying
- How realistic is the expectation that programmatic can break out of its black box?
- Is the Google-Facebook duopoly detrimental to marketing? If so, what can marketers do about this?
Cars as a media platform
- Mobility has become a global challenge & data will play a crucial role
- Cars are becoming a new connected media & a new advertising screen
- Brands will be ab;e to able to leverage this new media in unique ways
Realistic applications of neuromarketing: How technology has made it possible to understand exactly what consumers think and feel about your brand
- How consumer attention is actually measured using neuromarketing technology
- How accurate are neuromarketing technologies?
- How neuromarketing will change the role of market research
Neworking Refreshments and Exhibition Visit
|Mingle and network with other conference attendees over a coffee during the morning refreshment break. This is also a good opportunity to visit the exhibition stands on the show floor to find out more about solutions and services that will help grow your business.|
Driving repeat activity: A perspective from Indonesia
- How important is it to make mobile a central part of your loyalty progamme?
- What kind of engagement will add value in loyalty management?
- What gamification opportunities are value-adding?
- How do you measure programme engagement?
- How do you decide where to invest more?
What marketers outside China can learn from WeChat
- How WeChat actually works, and how exactly it differs from Facebook
- Why WeChat is like a Swiss army knife for marketers
- How does WeChat work as a marketing platform: An examination of successful cases
- Is WeChat as a messaging platform relevant outside of China?
Paid advertising on messaging apps
- What new forms of paid ads will marketers need to come up with for BBM, Facebook Messenger and LINE?
- Platform and strategies on BBM, Facebook Messanger and LINE
- Budget and expected ROI?
How to ensure your marketing tech stack makes analytics simple
- What is the actual difference is between ad-tech and mar-tech?
- How much has marketing analytics technology developed? To what extent can it accurately track the effect of marketing expenditure?
- From the marketer’s point of view, how easy is it to build a tech-stack that gives you an apples-to-apples comparison of the effectiveness of your media spend? What are the key challenges?
What loyalty marketers need to know about creating mobile wallets
- What is the competitive landscape like for mobile wallets?
- How realistic is it to create a mobile wallet? Just how difficult is it to make your mobile wallet stand out?
- What are the difficulties of implementing a mobile wallet with your CRM and payment systems?
Engaging customers on LINE
- Does LINE have greater potential for social commerce than Western social media apps?
- How do chatbots on LINE differ from those on Facebook Messanger and WhatsApp?
- What are the best ways to advertise on LINE?
- What sort of engagement opportunities does LINE have to offer for marketers beyond advertising?
Eradicating inefficiencies in the media supply chain
- Why understanding the digital media supply chain is important
- A breakdown of what the digital media supply chain actually constitutes
- Which intermediaries actually cause inefficiencies?
- Questions marketers need to ask their agencies when reviewing programmatic costs
When is last-click attribution useful?
- When can last-click attribution give an accurate picture of advertising effectiveness?
- Is the cost effectiveness of last-click attribution worth the possible distortion of ad effectiveness results?
- Who benefits most when last-click attribution is used?
How to transform your loyalty app into a customer utility
- How do you make your mobile app useful in your customer’s day-to-day life?
- Are consistent mobile rewards the only way to make your app an integral part of your customer’s life?
- Beyond loyalty points: What else does a loyalty app have to do to draw people back?
How should marketers effectively deal with the proliferation of chat apps?
- What guidelines should marketers adopt when deciding which apps they need to be on?
- Is developing your own customer app even worth discussing anymore?
- Which chat apps should marketers absolutely avoid?
- Do you invest in an app which you know has shrinking usage e.g. LINE, but is still relevant to the market?
Aman Chawla, Senior Vice President & Head of Marketing, Social and Strategic Partnerships for APAC & EMEA, Citibank Singapore Limited
eCommerce marketplaces as a source of marketing data: A look into Southeast Asia
- How helpful is Amazon’s purchase data for retargeting?
- Are Tokopedia, Lazada and their ilk worth advertising on? How easy it for advertisers who don’t sell through them to work with them?
- When will marketplaces become a key source of data for advertisers in Southeast Asia?
More networking opportunities over lunch with other conference attendees and speakers. This is also a good opportunity to visit the exhibition stands on the show floor to find out more about solutions and services that will help grow your business
Giving your customers relevant rewards
- How to understand what your loyalty customers’ key priorities are
- How to ensure that your rewards match customer priorities – how reliable are past purchases as an indicator?
- Learning from the best: How Amazon learns what is relevant to its clients, and how other marketers can do the same
How simple technology allows you to track moments that matter, and why you should be investing in doing so
- The limits of big data: Why big data shows you what happens, but can lack insight into why something happens
- Why tracking the smallest moments can lead to insights of disproportionate importance
- How 360-degree cameras, WhatsApp and Camera Glasses allow you to track micro-moments
What’s the value of a ‘follower’?
- Why ‘followers’ and ‘subscribers’ are hugely important even if - in and of themselves - they are vanity metrics
- How a large social media following allows brands to build lookalike campaigns that inform paid social ad spend
- How engagement with followers allows brands to truly understand how people react to them
Nathalie Pellegrini, Director, Iflix
How marketers should think about virality
- Why virality is an important measure of a social media marketer’s success
- Why virality is actually predictable, and how to do so
- Campaigns that have gone viral - examples of regional campaigns from ZALORA, Chanel, CMG.Asia and more
Linda Tran, Director of CALIPSO, Content & Social Media, Calipso
Making your rewards programme desirable
- Using exclusion to your benefit
- Status anxiety: Harnessing the positive effects of envy
- How to make a loyalty programme aspirational as opposed a financial investment for your customers
Marketing meets IoT: What marketers need to know
- How the IoT will bridge the gap between the physical and the digital, and what marketers can do to benefit from this
- What IoT devices do consumers currently use? And how can marketers utilize these to engage with customers?
- When will IoT-connected devices become important enough for mainstream marketers to invest in them?
What social media ‘impressions’ actually mean and how they matter
- How is an ‘impression’ quantified on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn?
- How much can marketers control impressions?
- Are organic impressions becoming harder to get?
Which social media channels offer the best prospects for organic reach?
- What does it take to gain organic reach on Facebook?
- What does it take to get views on YouTube?
- Which social media platforms are most brand-friendly?
- Which platforms are most cost-effective?
Moderator: Marine Obin-Ratto, Head of Marketing Operations, Interparfums
Benjamin Duvall, Chief Evangelist Officer Asia, Linkfluence
How Artificial Intelligence (AI) will change creativity & the advertising space
- How AI is currently being used in advertising and marketing
- How advertising collaterals will change with AI
- How the structure of creative agencies and the process of advertising design will change
- What’s next: How AI in marketing has progressed since the Clorets campaign
How to quantify the value of a like
Using status endowment: When, why and how
- How to endow status on customers without making them skeptical of the value of your programme
- How do you best identify which customer should be given a status endowment?
- How do you ensure that customers who don’t receive an endowment continue to be loyal to your programme?
Developing loyalty in a saturated market
- Are there too many loyalty programmes? Have loyalty programmes become a hygiene factor?
- Are coalition programmes better than standalone programmes at developing customer loyalty?
- What, today, attracts people to join a loyalty programme?
Applying design thinking to marketing
- What design thinking actually means: An overview of the Fjord methodology and IDEO’s design thinking framework and its relevance to marketers
- What traditional marketing is like for B2B companies, and how design thinking upends this
- How Sirius Decisions helps redesign content creation and deployment
- How design thinking builds empathy into a company’s infrastructure
Making the case for a Data Management Platform
- What is a DMP, and how does it improve ad tech?
- How do you set one up?
- How do you know if it’s worth your time to invest in one?
How to apply growth-hacking techniques to analogue brands
- What growth hacking actually means, and how it differs from traditional marketing
- McDonald’s McDelivery case: How McDonald’s used growth hacking to reduce its wasted ad spend using location data
- Telenor Thailand case: What Telenor did to up-sell existing pre-paid card users
- What are the key tools that enable growth hacking?
- Why growth hacking is about more than just incremental business revenue
Going the coalition route: Just how profitable is this for airlines?
- What are the key advantages of developing a coalition programme over an FFP (and vice versa)?
- What would draw consumers to a coalition programme as opposed to an FFP?
- Is there enough room on the market for more FFPs?
- Would consumer brands outside of the travel industry do better partnering with airlines, or joining coalition programmes?
Mark Ross-Smith, Head of Loyalty & Enrich, Malaysia Airlines
Succeeding in Asia: Lessons from La Liga’s rebrand
- Why La Liga rebranded, and how this helped raise its international appeal
- La Liga vs. the EPL: How La Liga compares with the dominant league for consumer attention
- Why focussing on the younger generation of fans who aren’t entrenched in their tastes is the way to success, and how La Liga is planning to do this
How realistic is the expectation that marketing analytics will help find causation?
- How much can marketers trust analytics solutions that claim to measure causation?
- Is correlation enough to aid marketing spend?
- Is it even useful to aim to measure causation, or is it too complicated?
Paid acquisition work for growth hackers: A case study from Reebonz
- Organic options for growth hacking: What are some realistic tools for marketers in 2017?
- Does growth hacking imply that money cannot be spent on customer acquisition? Is advertising an option for growth hackers?
- How to ensure you’re spending time on the biggest and most profitable users
- Why acquiring new users isn’t the key goal: Why growth hacking really is about getting new customers fast
Managing a rebrand
- How to rebrand without losing your core identity
- How to ensure a rebrand improves brand perception without alienating core customers
- How to communicate your rebrand to ensure continued relevancy
Making your marketing truly growth-based
- How do you train people to be ‘growth hackers’ rather than marketers?
- What cultural changes need to take place to make marketing truly growth-based?
- What pace of action do you have to get used to be a true growth hacker? Do you have to work faster, or just differently?
Share & Solve: Industry
Brand new for 2017, welcome to Share & Solve. Participants pick the industry they're most focused on, then share challenges with peers and tackle them together in a small group environment. Titles for the clinics to be announced soon.
B2B: Creating new demand: How do you break ground in emerging markets?
- How do you build databases of new target customers? What’s the most challenging part of this?
- What role do conferences and trade events play in your marketing strategies?
- What pressures have you faced when engaging with consumers who don’t know your product or speak a completely different language?
Banking: How can bank marketers effectively produce timely content within legal and compliance restrictions?
- What are the best ways to work with legal and compliance personnel to improve quality and speed to market?
- What are the challenges faced by financial services marketers to innovate within heavily restricted markets and products?
- Content marketing: How do you balance high turnover and speed to market with quality and personalisation?
Retail: How do you effectively sell to price-conscious shoppers?
- What is your company's overall position towards price-shoppers? Why?
- What are the tactics/ strategies when you want to discourage price shoppers? To encourage them? What are the pros and cons of each strategy and tactics?
- Do you actively cooperate with price-comparison or coupon sites? Why or why not?
Travel: How to gain and keep the loyalty of travelers
The War For Your Eyes – How Augmented Reality (AR) will change advertising
- What is Augmented Reality technology?
- An overview of the big successes and failures of current AR technology
- Facebook, Google & Apple’s new plans: Why AR is suddenly about to take off
- What AR in mass advertising would look like
- Could AR really become as standard as the banner ad?
Virtual Reality (VR) and how the social media platform of the future will work
- What VR actually means
- Where VR technology currently is
- How a VR social media platform is likely to develop
- How marketers could advertise on a VR social media platform
Alexander de Leon, Product Marketing Manager, Facebook
Join us for a ghoulishly good time at the LEAD networking reception. With Halloween themed cocktails, treats and giveaways, make sure your Halloween goes off with a bang.
Create your personal agenda –check the favourite icon
Keeping up with the Zs: What marketers need to know about Gen Z
- What growing up with complete internet connectivity has done to the way Gen Z views the world
- How do Gen Z differ from ‘millennials’?
- How can marketers overcome Gen Z’s distrust of brands and advertising?
How to be a brand with purpose: A case study from Ben & Jerry’s
- Why true brand purpose really does start from the top
- Ben & Jerry’s efforts relating to the Paris Climate Agreement and Singapore’s Green Mark standards
- The money issue: Why just writing cheques is lazy marketing, and how brands can support causes that actually change customer behaviour
- The business case for supporting a cause: Why Gen Z and the millennial generation are increasingly cynical, and what brands can do to truly make a positive impact and impression
Encouraging loyalty amongst outbound Chinese travelers
- Why Chinese tourists are particularly difficult to sell to in the first place
- What challenges do brands face when retaining the loyalty of Chinese tourists when they go back home?
- Case study from Sephora: How Sephora created a loyalty programme that extends seamlessly across borders
How to compete effectively with Amazon Prime
- What makes Amazon Prime stand out?
- Will Amazon Prime work in Southeast Asia? How successful are they now?
- Do brands/manufacturers have little choice but to work with them? If they didn’t want to work with Amazon, what choices are there?
- Can retailers and manufacturers compete with Amazon Prime on price? Or is that a futile discussion?
Share & Solve: Technology & Strategy
Following our inspirational morning keynotes, we go interactive, with a series of roundtables on the most pressing issues in marketing for you to choose from. Choose the discussion topic of your choice and just join in the debate! Topics to be announced soon.
Linking your CSR programme with your loyalty programme
- What are the current CSR programmes do you have in your company?
- How do you involve customers in your company’s CSR programme?
- Why do you think involving customers is important?
- How does your loyalty programme play in engaging members/customers in your CSR programme?
- Do you think this has value on the perspective of the company and the member?
Improving transparency in the ad ecosystem
- Where do you see room for improvement, either on the buy-side or sell-side?
- What processes and governance can agencies adopt to address client concerns?
- What can publishers do to improve transparency in their supply-chain?
- How would you rate the impact of ad verification platforms like MOAT and IAS in improving transparency?
- What are your thoughts on Ads.txt?
Creating an omni-channel experience
- Do you think there’s an actual difference between ‘omni-channel’ and ‘multi-channel’? If so, what is it?
- Do you think you’re omni-channel?
- What technology enables omni-channel marketing?
- What’s the most difficult part of running an omni-channel marketing campaign?
Making practical use of location data
- What does location data mean to you?
- Do you use it in your marketing? If you do, how do you use it?
- Has location-based ad targeting worked for you? If so, how did it work? Was it useful?
- What is your opinion on beacon technology? Would you use it? If so, why? If not, why not?
Acquiring persistent ID data
- Why email addresses are still the most important data to collect
- What to do when it’s reasonable to collect email data from your customers
- What other identifiers are useful for a marketer to have
What level of social media targeting is acceptable in the name of success?
- What are your reasons for being present on social media?
- What do you take into consideration when advertising on social media?
- Is it acceptable for social media platforms to make highly private information available to advertisers?
- What will be your targeting capability wish list?
- What next for paid social – what does 2020 look like?
Aman Chawla, Senior Vice President & Head of Marketing, Social and Strategic Partnerships for APAC & EMEA, Citibank Singapore Limited
Next Generation CRM: How CRM programs need to adapt to market reality
- How to evolve your loyalty program to a membership program
- How entity-based CRM systems need to adapt to event-based CRM
- How mobile is the new hub of your membership program
Service Recovery: How to turn complaining customers in loyal customers
- How to do service recovery in a 24/7 environment
- What does it take to turn around a really angry customer?
- How do you avoid making a fool of yourself in a public forum?
Going beyond CDPs: How to create a Universal Data Hub (UDH)
- What actually counts as a 'single customer view' and how do you know you have it?
- What's the point of a 'single customer view', and how can an effective UDH help you monetise it?
- Case studies of successful UDH implementation - what's the real benefit to your business?
Using specific customer segments to measure the success of loyalty programmes
- Why defining the success of a loyalty programme by looking at overall sales impact can be limiting
- Can a loyalty program’s success be defined by the increase in sales amongst a few segments?
- How to correctly segment your customers to analyse the success of your programme
Struggle metrics: How do you measure customers who don’t convert?
- How do you know when customers have not bought from you?
- How do you measure non-conversion?
- What non-conversion metrics should you take into account?
How to move towards people-based marketing
- What is people-based marketing?
- What’s the hardest part of implementing people-based marketing?
- Why and how to make the best of the implicit information you have
- Why understanding how to serve the customer with omni-channel methods needs to be developed deliberately
What it actually takes to succeed on Instagram: Insights from Indonesia
- How Indonesians use Instagram
- An overview of key feature updates, and how they work in Indonesia
- Understanding what Instagram is useful for: How to use it for more than just paid advertising
How loyalty programmes work in commoditised industries: An eCommerce case from Myntra
- How the role of loyalty programmes changes according to the business’ lifecycle
- How discounts play into customer retention strategies
- How the role of discounts differs when you’re looking at customer engagement
- What Myntra does to engage consumers even if they’re not shopping every day: A look into Moda Rapido and other initiatives aimed at Myntra’s most loyal customers
Measuring customer satisfaction: A case study from Arup
- Why customer satisfaction can and should be measured in real time
- Understanding the mar-tech available to measure customer satisfaction
- Understanding how to derive insights to improve your value proposition
Getting your customers to leave glowing reviews of your business
- What are some simple and practical tips to getting your business or products reviewed on the right sites?
- How should you use these customer reviews in your marketing collaterals?
- What are some examples of how companies have successfully secured and used customer reviews?
Using customer data to build a useful customer journey map
- Why telcos and banks can use a scorch-the-earth approach to customer journey mapping, and why it’s pointless for other industry sectors to try and imitate them
- How to rank touchpoints by importance so as not to be overwhelmed by the ‘experiential’ aspect of marketing
- How to develop a cross-functional map that clarifies the customer journey to all internal departments that affect the customer journey
How to grow in a commoditised market without a loyalty programme: Lessons from Moleskine
- What Moleskine did to build a distinctive brand
- How Moleskine manages to get repeat customers without giving discounts or creating a costly loyalty programme
- How Moleskine leverages their customer’s loyalty into multiple adjacent products beyond stationery
Working with User Generated Content
- What does UGC actually look like?
- How to ensure brand safety when employing UGC
- How do you ensure that UGC is of a high quality?
Engaging with customer reviews: What’s the best strategy?
- Should you engage with trolls?
- How do you deal with customers who have publicly criticized you?
- Should customers who’ve complimented you be rewarded?
Guiding customers to buy
- How to use customer journey maps to help shorten the customer journey
- How to understand where customers fall off, and what can be done to re-engage those who won’t buy
- How customer journey maps can make marketing cheaper and more effective
Ensuring authenticity in influencer marketing
- How to search for the right influencers
- How to co-create content with influencers that feels authentic
- How to do influencer marketing at scale
Marine Obin-Ratto, Head of Marketing Operations, Interparfums
Creating a referral programme that works: A case study from Circles.Life
- Why giving people what they want really is the best way to get a referral programme going
- How do you make your programme desirable enough to get people to refer others?
- On the other hand, how do you ensure that your referral rewards are not abused?
- Why referral programmes do, ultimately, require monetary investment
Linking social media with your loyalty programme: How does it work?
- Other than urging customers to shill for you on social media, how can you get them to share their membership to your programme?
- Which social channels best lend themselves to loyalty programmes?
- How can brands best utilize social networking sites to improve loyalty?
Using technology to iron out friction in the path to purchase
- What areas must brands focus on in order to iron out friction in the path to purchase?
- How can marketers successfully implement technology to make their product or service frictionless?
- Can experiential tech (AR, VR, AI, and Voice) transcend the prototype stage to be a source of ease for consumers?
- What are the possible applications for experiential tech in the areas of retail, government, healthcare and education that would improve convenience?
Practical uses of machine learning: A case study from Tiki Vietnam
- How machine learning helped Tiki Vietnam target customers that are most likely to respond to ads
- How Tiki Vietnam built a machine-learning model to segment its email database and reduce email wastage
- The practical limitations of machine learning: Why machine learning can’t help you if you don’t know where to look
Short-form video ads: How to design video ads for consumers who can’t hear you and can barely see what you’re saying
- Maximizing your value and ROI on video ads: How to get around the limitations that scrolling behaviour places on creative storytelling
- What marketers frequently get wrong about video ads today, and what they can do about it
- Best-practice examples from CMG, Budweiser and more
Erik Davies, Director of Digital Marketing and Telemarketing, CMG.Asia
Creating a non-cash based loyalty programme
- Do businesses care about non-cash based rewards?
- What rewards other than cash are valuable in a B2B context?
- Is it possible to build a B2B loyalty programme without giving customer cash incentives? If so, how?
Reaching out to consumers who aren’t digitally literate: A case study from Myanmar
- The digital landscape in Myanmar: How people use their mobile devices, what platforms are popular
- Why customer service automation doesn’t work in Myanmar, and what brands can do to make the customer experience a seamless one despite the lack of digital literacy
- Digital customer service for the non-digitally literate customer: Why call centres are a necessity in Myanmar
Overcoming data blindness: Insights from Sanofi’s dengue vaccine marketing campaigns in Thailand and Singapore
- How regulations induce data blindness, what it means in practice and how this makes gathering 1st-party data difficult
- The difference between marketing to doctors and patients
- How ads’ segmentation is used to gauge relevance and engagement
- Creating new data sources to reduce data blindness: How YouTube ad views and Facebook engagement metrics give an idea of what campaign success is
- Mind the data gap: How traditional market research is coupled to digital insights to help measure campaign success
The case for long-form content
- In what circumstances does long-form video make sense?
- Why would you invest in long-form as opposed to short-form video?
- How 'long' a long-form video would be
- Examples of long-form videos from Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore
Omni-channel marketing: What it really takes to be available to customers 24/7 on all platforms
- The origins of the buzzword: What Omni-Channel actually means, and how it differs in practice to Multi-Channel
- Why Omni-Channel has, till recently, remained dream rather than reality
- How technology is changing to make it a reality
- Cases of Omni-Channel done well: What makes them stand out, and what we can learn from them
How to move towards prescriptive analytics
- How far off are predictive analytics tools from prescriptive analytics?
- How much can prescriptive analytics tools be trusted?
- What are the most effective prescriptive analytics tools?
Humanising a B2B loyalty programme
- How to go beyond quantitative partner benefits to make your programme truly appealing to human decision makers
- How loyalty programmes can be used to inspire confidence in B2B products
- How to reward the person, not the company
An examination of completion rate as a metric for the success of video ads
- How reflective are completion rates of actual viewability?
- What counts as a 'view'? A look at Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
- How much importance should completion rates be given as a measure of success?
- How to target the right way to get maximum efficiency on your video ads
- What is the most important video marketing metric?
last published: 17/Oct/17 10:35 GMT