Create your personal agenda –check the favourite icon
How can technology change marketing for the better?
- What do we think consumers want different from marketers? Do they want to hear from us at all?
- Let’s talk programmatic: In what ways has been a force for good? Will blockchain help make media buying more transparent?
- What do marketers actually feel about the Facebook/Google duopoly? Are they using their power fairly? What can disrupt them?
- Does the digital economy create more opportunities for new brands/start-ups? Or just cement the existing ones’ power?
Cars as a media platform
- Mobility has become a global challenge & data will play a crucial role
- Cars are becoming a new connected media & a new advertising screen
- Brands will be able to able to leverage this new media in unique ways
Neworking Refreshments and Exhibition Visit
|Mingle and network with other conference attendees over a coffee during the morning refreshment break. This is also a good opportunity to visit the exhibition stands on the show floor to find out more about solutions and services that will help grow your business.|
Chair's Opening Remarks
Chair's Opening Remarks
Chair's Opening Remarks
Chair's Opening Remarks
Driving customer engagement: A perspective from Indonesia
- How important is it to make mobile a central part of your loyalty programme?
- What types of engagement will add value in loyalty management?
- What gamification opportunities are value-adding?
- How do you measure programme engagement?
What marketers outside China can learn from WeChat
- How WeChat actually works, and how exactly it differs from Facebook
- Why WeChat is like a Swiss army knife for marketers
- How does WeChat work as a marketing platform: An examination of successful cases
- Is WeChat as a messaging platform relevant outside of China?
Paid advertising on messaging apps
- What new forms of paid ads will marketers need to come up with for BBM, Facebook Messenger and LINE?
- Platform and strategies on BBM, Facebook Messanger and LINE
- Budget and expected ROI?
How to ensure your marketing tech stack makes analytics simple
- What is the actual difference is between ad-tech and mar-tech?
- How much has marketing analytics technology developed? To what extent can it accurately track the effect of marketing expenditure?
- From the marketer’s point of view, how easy is it to build a tech-stack that gives you an apples-to-apples comparison of the effectiveness of your media spend? What are the key challenges?
What loyalty marketers need to know about creating mobile wallets
- What is the competitive landscape like for mobile wallets?
- How realistic is it to create a mobile wallet? Just how difficult is it to make your mobile wallet stand out?
- What are the difficulties of implementing a mobile wallet with your CRM and payment systems?
Engaging customers on LINE
- Does LINE have greater potential for social commerce than Western social media apps?
- How do chatbots on LINE differ from those on Facebook Messanger and WhatsApp?
- What are the best ways to advertise on LINE?
- What sort of engagement opportunities does LINE have to offer for marketers beyond advertising?
Eradicating inefficiencies in the digital media supply chain
- Why understanding the digital media supply chain is important
- A breakdown of what the digital media supply chain actually constitutes
- Which intermediaries actually cause inefficiencies?
- Questions marketers need to ask their agencies when reviewing programmatic costs
When is last-click attribution useful?
- When can last-click attribution give an accurate picture of advertising effectiveness?
- Is the cost effectiveness of last-click attribution worth the possible distortion of ad effectiveness results?
- Who benefits most when last-click attribution is used?
How to transform your loyalty app into a customer utility
- How do you make your mobile app useful in your customer’s day-to-day life?
- Are consistent mobile rewards the only way to make your app an integral part of your customer’s life?
- Beyond loyalty points: What else does a loyalty app have to do to draw people back?
How should marketers effectively deal with the proliferation of chat apps?
- What guidelines should marketers adopt when deciding which apps they need to be on?
- Is developing your own customer app even worth discussing anymore?
- Which chat apps should marketers absolutely avoid?
- Do you invest in an app which you know has shrinking usage e.g. LINE, but is still relevant to the market?
eCommerce marketplaces as a source of marketing data: A look into Southeast Asia
- How helpful is Amazon’s purchase data for retargeting?
- Are Tokopedia, Lazada and their ilk worth advertising on? How easy it for advertisers who don’t sell through them to work with them?
- When will marketplaces become a key source of data for advertisers in Southeast Asia?
More networking opportunities over lunch with other conference attendees and speakers. This is also a good opportunity to visit the exhibition stands on the show floor to find out more about solutions and services that will help grow your business
Giving your customers relevant offers and a personalised retail experience
- What are the customers’ key priorities, and how do we understand them better?
- How do you create relevant content and offers for your loyalty customers?
- How can retailers can get ahead to fulfil customers needs?
- What would be the future of the loyalty programme offer?
How simple technology permits just-in-time research to track moments that matter, and why you should be investing in it
- Why the smallest differentiators are what make or break brands
- Why tracking the smallest moments, with results just-in-time, can lead to insights of disproportionate importance
- Overcome the traditional barriers of market research through the use of simple technology
- How technologies like 360-degree cameras and Camera Glasses allow you to track micro-moments that matter
What’s the value of a ‘follower’?
- Why ‘followers’ and ‘subscribers’ are hugely important even if - in and of themselves - they are vanity metrics
- How a large social media following allows brands to build lookalike campaigns that inform paid social ad spend
- How engagement with followers allows brands to truly understand how people react to them
How marketers should think about virality
- Why virality is an important measure of a social media marketer’s success
- Is virality predictable? If so, how do you do so?
- Campaigns that have gone viral – examples of regional campaigns from ZALORA, Chanel, CMG.Asia and more
Making your rewards programme desirable
- When does it make sense for your programme to be positioned as aspirational rather than inclusive?
- How do you create such a programme? What are the costs involved, not just of maintaining it, but of losing potential business by excluding certain customers?
- Examples from Openroad Auto Group and more
Marketing meets IoT: What marketers need to know
- How the IoT will bridge the gap between the physical and the digital, and what marketers can do to benefit from this
- What IoT devices do consumers currently use? And how can marketers utilize these to engage with customers?
- When will IoT-connected devices become important enough for mainstream marketers to invest in them?
Why measure Engagement Rate and how does it demonstrate effectiveness?
- What exactly is Engagement Rate and what does it really measure?
- Why does Engagement Rate matter when it comes to social media?
- Who should use Engagement Rate as a success metric?
Which social media channels offer the best prospects for organic reach?
- What does it take to gain organic reach on Facebook?
- What does it take to get views on YouTube?
- Which social media platforms are most brand-friendly?
- Which platforms are most cost-effective?
How Artificial Intelligence (AI) will change creativity & the advertising space
- How AI is currently being used in advertising and marketing
- How advertising collaterals will change with AI
- How the structure of creative agencies and the process of advertising design will change
- What’s next: How AI in marketing has progressed since the Clorets campaign
How to formulate the correct social KPIs
- Why the ‘perfect KPI’ is an illusion, and social KPIs need to be constantly redefined
- How can social media marketers make social KPIs relevant to those who don’t care about social?
- How can marketers ensure that their social KPIs accurately reflect long-term brand-building as well as short term sales?
Rewards and incentives for B2B brands
- How has B2B engagement evolved over the years?
- What B2B loyalty is in today’s context – digital, social, mobile and big data impact
- How rewards and incentives drive B2B programme success
- Impacting the bottom line – what KPIs matter most
Developing loyalty in a saturated market
- Are there too many loyalty programmes? Have loyalty programmes become a hygiene factor?
- Are coalition programmes better than standalone programmes at developing customer loyalty?
- What, today, attracts people to join a loyalty programme?
Applying design thinking to marketing
- What design thinking actually means: An overview of IDEO’s design thinking framework and its relevance to marketers
- What traditional marketing is like for B2B companies, and how design thinking upends this
- How Sirius Decisions helps redesign content creation and deployment
- How design thinking builds empathy into a company’s infrastructure
What marketers need to know about Data Management Platforms (DMPs)
- What exactly are DMPs? How, technologically, do they differ from standard CRM software?
- In what circumstances does it make sense to invest in one?
- How should DMPs fit into your overall tech strategy?
How to apply growth-hacking techniques to analogue brands
- What growth hacking actually means, and how it differs from traditional marketing
- The challenge for ‘Analogue’ brands
- A consumer centric framework to enable growth hacking for ‘analogue’ brands
- Case studies including Lifebuoy Infection Alerts System and McDonalds McDelivery
Going the coalition route: Just how profitable is this for airlines?
- What are the key advantages of developing a coalition programme over an FFP (and vice versa)?
- What would draw consumers to a coalition programme as opposed to an FFP?
- Is there enough room on the market for more FFPs?
- Would consumer brands outside of the travel industry do better partnering with airlines, or joining coalition programmes?
Succeeding in Asia: Lessons from LaLiga’s rebrand
- What strategy does LaLiga have to compete with the other leagues?
- What efforts are LaLiga making in order to be relevant to SEA?
- How is LaLiga aiming to gather more fans/become relevant to non-football fans?
How realistic is the expectation that marketing analytics will help find causation?
- How much can marketers trust analytics solutions that claim to measure causation, particularly in reference to offline activities for which the path of causation cannot be easily measured?
- How reliably can marketing solutions predict causation over the long term?
- How can the impact of long-term brand building activities, for which direct revenue cannot be attributed except by proxy, be measured?
- Does the focus on marketing analytics privilege the short-term to the detriment of the long-term?
Paid acquisition work for growth hackers: A case study from Reebonz
- Organic options for growth hacking: What are some realistic tools for marketers in 2017?
- Does growth hacking imply that money cannot be spent on customer acquisition? Is advertising an option for growth hackers?
- How to ensure you’re spending time on the biggest and most profitable users
- Why acquiring new users isn’t the key goal: Why growth hacking really is about getting new customers fast
Managing a rebrand
- How to rebrand without losing your core identity
- How to ensure a rebrand improves brand perception without alienating core customers
- How to communicate your rebrand to ensure continued relevancy
Making your marketing truly growth-based
- How do you train people to be ‘growth hackers’ rather than marketers?
- What cultural changes need to take place to make marketing truly growth-based?
- What pace of action do you have to get used to be a true growth hacker? Do you have to work faster, or just differently?
Insurance: What is your value proposition for High Net Worth (HNW) clients?
- How do you identify HNW clients in the first place?
- What can you do to provide an attractive enough product to get a HNW client’s attention?
- What strategies can you put in place to retain these clients?
Marketing Services: How can marketing services providers differentiate themselves from each other?
- Why is it so hard for marketing services providers, especially agencies, to differentiate their offering?
- Is it possible in the first place to do so, or is it fair to say that a lot of what marketing services providers – including tech vendors and agencies – is generic, or, at best, difficult to articulate?
- Which marketing services providers really stand out? What do they do to make themselves stand out, and what can we learn from them?
Telcos: How to effectively manage customer dissatisfaction
- What are the main sources of customer dissatisfaction when it comes to their telco provider?
- How can telcos provide customers flexibility in their plans while decreasing their desire to switch?
- Are there telcos that are actually loved by customers? What do they do inspire brand love?
- What strategies can telco marketers put in place to make customers happy? How can telcos be proactive rather than reactive in their customer engagement efforts?
B2B: Creating new demand: How do you break ground in emerging markets?
- How do you build databases of new target customers? What’s the most challenging part of this?
- What role do conferences and trade events play in your marketing strategies?
- What pressures have you faced when engaging with consumers who don’t know your product or speak a completely different language?
Banking: How can bank marketers effectively produce timely content within legal and compliance restrictions?
- What are the best ways to work with legal and compliance personnel to improve quality and speed to market?
- What are the challenges faced by financial services marketers to innovate within heavily restricted markets and products?
- Content marketing: How do you balance high turnover and speed to market with quality and personalisation?
Retail: How do you effectively sell to price-conscious shoppers?
- What is your company's overall position towards price-shoppers? Why?
- What are the tactics/ strategies when you want to discourage price shoppers? To encourage them? What are the pros and cons of each strategy and tactics?
- Do you actively cooperate with price-comparison or coupon sites? Why or why not?
Travel: How to gain and keep the loyalty of travelers
- What can we learn from the best loyalty programmes in travel? How do they stand out?
- When does it make sense to create a new loyalty programme? When should brands focus on being a part of existing coalition programmes?
- Beyond loyalty programmes, what can travel brands do to ensure customers stay loyal?
- What do travellers look for when making travel arrangements?
- Do Points/Miles still excite and motivate customers to stay loyal?
- What do businesses in travel need to do, to remain relevant to today’s customers
Realistic applications of neuromarketing: How technology has made it possible to understand exactly what consumers think and feel about your brand
- How consumer attention is actually measured using neuromarketing technology
- How accurate are neuromarketing technologies?
- How neuromarketing will change the role of market research
The War For Your Eyes – How Augmented Reality (AR) will change advertising
- What is Augmented Reality technology?
- An overview of the big successes and failures of current AR technology
- Facebook, Google & Apple’s new plans: Why AR is suddenly about to take off
- What AR in mass advertising would look like
- Could AR really become as standard as the banner ad?
Networking Drinks Reception
Join us for a drink at the end of day one to develop lucrative new relationships and cement existing ones.
Create your personal agenda –check the favourite icon
Keeping up with the Zs: What marketers need to know about Gen Z
- What growing up with complete internet connectivity has done to the way Gen Z views the world
- How do Gen Z differ from ‘millennials’?
- How marketers can overcome Gen Zs distrust of brands and advertising
How to be a brand with purpose: A case study from Ben & Jerry’s
- Why true brand purpose really does start from the top
- Ben & Jerry’s efforts relating to the Paris Climate Agreement and Singapore’s Green Mark standards
- The money issue: Why just writing cheques is lazy marketing, and why brands should move beyond CSR
- The business case for supporting a cause: Gen Z and the Millennial generation are increasingly cynical, so learn what brands can do to truly make a positive impact and impression
Encouraging loyalty amongst outbound Chinese travelers
- Why Chinese tourists are particularly difficult to sell to in the first place
- What challenges do brands face when retaining the loyalty of Chinese tourists when they go back home?
- Case study from Sephora: How Sephora created a loyalty programme that extends seamlessly across borders
Bridging the gap between sales and social
- If social platforms are where products are discovered, why is there such a discrepancy in attribution?
- When will social commerce become common practice? What will need to happen to push customers to buy directly from social platforms?
- Until that happens, should brands view social platforms as advertising and demand-gen tools first?
How to compete effectively with Amazon Prime
- What makes Amazon Prime stand out?
- Will Amazon Prime work in Southeast Asia? How successful are they now?
- Do brands/manufacturers have little choice but to work with them? If they didn’t want to work with Amazon, what choices are there?
- Can retailers and manufacturers compete with Amazon Prime on price? Or is that a futile discussion?
Investing in content marketing technology: What do you have to consider?
- Video technology: Which works best for brands?
- What technology helps most in content creation?
- Outbrain vs. Taboola: What’s the verdict? What about Revcontent and other competitors?
- What questions should you be asking potential vendors when buying content marketing technology?
What value can AI give marketing?
- What is the most impactful change you have seen with the use of AI in marketing?
- Is AI a boon or bane for marketers?
- What does a data driven, AI obsessed marketing bias means for brand marketers?
- How to leverage creativity with data driven AI?
- Can AI truly replace marketers in the future?
- How will AI in Marketing evolve in the next 5 years?
Linking your CSR programme with your loyalty programme
- What are the current CSR programmes do you have in your company?
- How do you involve customers in your company’s CSR programme?
- Why do you think involving customers is important?
- How does your loyalty programme play in engaging members/customers in your CSR programme?
- Do you think this has value on the perspective of the company and the member?
Improving transparency in the ad ecosystem
- Where do you see room for improvement, either on the buy-side or sell-side?
- What processes and governance can agencies adopt to address client concerns?
- What can publishers do to improve transparency in their supply-chain?
- How would you rate the impact of ad verification platforms like MOAT and IAS in improving transparency?
- What are your thoughts on Ads.txt?
Creating an omni-channel experience
- Do you think there’s an actual difference between ‘omni-channel’ and ‘multi-channel’? If so, what is it?
- Do you think you’re omni-channel?
- What technology enables omni-channel marketing?
- What’s the most difficult part of running an omni-channel marketing campaign?
Making practical use of location data
- What does location data mean to you?
- Do you use it in your marketing? If you do, how do you use it?
- Has location-based ad targeting worked for you? If so, how did it work? Was it useful?
- What is your opinion on beacon technology? Would you use it? If so, why? If not, why not?
Chair's Opening Remarks
Chair's Opening Remarks
Chair's Opening Remarks
Chair's Opening Remarks
Acquiring persistent ID data
- Why email addresses are still the most important data to collect
- What to do when it’s reasonable to collect email data from your customers
- What other identifiers are useful for a marketer to have
What level of social media targeting is acceptable in the name of success?
- What are your reasons for being present on social media?
- What do you take into consideration when advertising on social media?
- Is it acceptable for social media platforms to make highly private information available to advertisers?
- What will be your targeting capability wish list?
- What next for paid social – what does 2020 look like?
Next Generation CRM: How CRM programs need to adapt to market reality
- How to evolve your loyalty program to a membership program
- How entity-based CRM systems need to adapt to event-based CRM
- How mobile is the new hub of your membership program
Service Recovery: How to turn complaining customers in loyal customers
- How do to service recovery in a 24/7 environment
- What does it take to turn around a really angry customer?
- How do you avoid making a fool of yourself in a public forum?
- Case studies of service recovery from Raymond and Burger King
Going beyond CDPs: How to create a Universal Data Hub (UDH)
- What actually counts as a 'single customer view' and how do you know you have it?
- What's the point of a 'single customer view', and how can an effective UDH help you monetise it?
- Case studies of successful UDH implementation - what's the real benefit to your business?
Strategic loyalty programme partnership: Asia Miles best practices sharing
- How can we keep loyalty programmes successful in a commoditised market?
- What elements will your partner consider valuable in a partnership?
- How can the partners’ journey boost members’ recruitment and engagement?
Keeping up with the service expectations of the next generation
- How do the expectations of Millennials and Gen Z differ from previous generations?
- Keeping up with the social media game: How to ensure your customer service is impeccable across all platforms
- Self-service vs. full-service: How do you strike the right balance?
How to move towards people-based marketing
- What is people-based marketing?
- What’s the hardest part of implementing people-based marketing?
- Why and how to make the best of the implicit information you have
- Why understanding how to serve the customer with omni-channel methods needs to be developed deliberately
What it actually takes to succeed on Instagram: Insights from Indonesia
- How Indonesians use Instagram
- An overview of key feature updates, and how they work in Indonesia
- Understanding what Instagram is useful for: How to use it for more than just paid advertising
How loyalty programmes work: An offline vs online view
- What loyalty means in the context of the eCommerce industry
- How the role of loyalty programmes changes according to the business’ lifestage
- How to regularly engage customers even if they are not shopping regularly: an online eCommerce perspective
Measuring customer satisfaction: A case study from Arup
- Why customer satisfaction can and should be measured in real time
- Understanding the mar-tech available to measure customer satisfaction
- Understanding how to derive insights to improve your value proposition
Getting your customers to leave glowing reviews of your business
- What are some simple and practical tips to getting your business or products reviewed on the right sites?
- How should you use these customer reviews in your marketing collaterals?
- What are some examples of how companies have successfully secured and used customer reviews?
Practical uses of machine learning: A case study from Tiki Vietnam
- How machine learning helped Tiki Vietnam target customers that are most likely to respond to ads
- How Tiki Vietnam built a machine-learning model to segment its email database and reduce email wastage
- The practical limitations of machine learning: Why machine learning can’t help you if you don’t know where to look
How to grow in a commoditised market without a loyalty programme: Lessons from Moleskine
- What Moleskine did to build a distinctive brand
- How Moleskine manages to get repeat customers without giving discounts or creating a costly loyalty programme
- How Moleskine leverages their customer’s loyalty into multiple adjacent products beyond stationery
Understanding how to use sponsored content: A perspective from the Chinese market
- How brands in China use sponsored content as part of their marketing
- How can you make sponsored content stand out?
- Leveraging social media and video platforms
- Understanding the crucial role of KOLs in sponsored content
Engaging with customer reviews: What’s the best strategy?
- Should you engage with trolls?
- How do you deal with customers who have publicly criticized you?
- Should customers who’ve complimented you be rewarded?
Overcoming data blindness: Insights from Sanofi’s dengue vaccine marketing campaigns in Thailand and Singapore
- How regulations induce data blindness, what it means in practice and how this makes gathering 1st-party data difficult
- The difference between marketing to doctors and patients
- How ads’ segmentation is used to gauge relevance and engagement
- Creating new data sources to reduce data blindness: How YouTube ad views and Facebook engagement metrics give an idea of what campaign success is
- Mind the data gap: How traditional market research is coupled to digital insights to help measure campaign success
Ensuring authenticity in influencer marketing
- How to search for the right influencers
- How to co-create content with influencers that feels authentic
- How to do influencer marketing at scale
Creating a referral programme that works: A case study from Circles.Life
- Why giving people what they want really is the best way to get a referral programme going
- How do you make your programme desirable enough to get people to refer others?
- On the other hand, how do you ensure that your referral rewards are not abused?
- Why referral programmes do, ultimately, require monetary investment
Linking social media with your loyalty programme: How does it work?
- Other than urging customers to shill for you on social media, how can you get them to share their membership to your programme?
- Which social channels best lend themselves to loyalty programmes?
- How can brands best utilize social networking sites to improve loyalty?
Using technology to iron out friction in the path to purchase
- What areas must brands focus on in order to iron out friction in the path to purchase?
- How can marketers successfully implement technology to make their product or service frictionless?
- Can experiential tech (AR, VR, AI, and Voice) transcend the prototype stage to be a source of ease for consumers?
- What are the possible applications for experiential tech in the areas of retail, government, healthcare and education that would improve convenience?
Using customer data to build a useful customer journey map
- Why telcos and banks can use a scorch-the-earth approach to customer journey mapping, and why it’s pointless for other industry sectors to try and imitate them
- How to rank touchpoints by importance so as not to be overwhelmed by the ‘experiential’ aspect of marketing
- How to develop a cross-functional map that clarifies the customer journey to all internal departments that affect the customer journey
Proven strategies to optimize video for mobile campaigns
- Maximizing your value and ROI on video ads: How to get around the limitations that scrolling behaviour places on creative storytelling
- What marketers frequently get wrong about video ads today, and what they can do about it
- Best-practice examples from CMG, Budweiser and more
How can B2B marketers create reward programmes that go beyond giving customer discounts?
- In what ways are B2B customers similar to B2C customers? In what ways are they different?
- Is it fair to say that businesses are, first and foremost, concerned with cash benefits? Do they care about non-cash rewards?
- Is it possible to build a B2B loyalty programme without giving customer cash incentives? If so, how?
Reaching out to consumers who aren’t digitally literate: A case study from Myanmar
- The digital landscape in Myanmar: How people use their mobile devices, what platforms are popular
- Why customer service automation doesn’t work in Myanmar, and what brands can do to make the customer experience a seamless one despite the lack of digital literacy
- Digital customer service for the non-digitally literate customer: Why call centres are a necessity in Myanmar
Guiding customers to buy
- How to use customer journey maps to help shorten the customer journey
- How to understand where customers fall off, and what can be done to re-engage those who won’t buy
- How customer journey maps can make marketing cheaper and more effective
The case for long-form content
- Expectations vs. Reality: Why simply producing videos does not produce an audience
- How Long is ‘Long’? Content Shock and The 'Netflix Paradox'
- Measurement: Why we are here in the first place?
Omni-channel marketing: What it really takes to be available to customers 24/7 on all platforms
- The origins of the buzzword: What Omni-Channel actually means, and how it differs in practice to Multi-Channel
- Why Omni-Channel has, till recently, remained dream rather than reality
- How technology is changing to make it a reality
- Cases of Omni-Channel done well: What makes them stand out, and what we can learn from them
An examination of completion rate as a metric for the success of video ads
- How reflective are completion rates of actual viewability?
- What counts as a 'view'? A look at Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
- How much importance should completion rates be given as a measure of success?
- How to target the right way to get maximum efficiency on your video ads
- What is the most important video marketing metric?
last published: 03/Nov/17 13:25 GMT