Education Director/Co-Owner of The Laren School, an inclusive school, offering inclusive education for the past ten years. Also a faculty member of the Education Department of the Ateneo De Manila University. with graduate degrees in Special Education and advanced studies in Education from Loyola Univesity, Maryland. Educator for the past 30 or so years. Very happy painting, wood carving. Still a fledgling potter.
EduTECH Philippines 2018 Day 2 @ 09:10
Becoming an inclusive school
EduTECH Philippines 2018 - Seminar Theatre Day 2 @ 14:00
How to be an inclusive school
A workshop designed to give a practical, lightning overview on how to design and implement effective inclusive education, working from current contexts of educators.
- Define inclusive education
- Develop a clear vision for leadership that develops schools that are accessible and effective
- Learn practical implementation and approaches to educating children with special needs in general settings Improve individual practice through implementation of principles of universal design
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues in the promotion of a flexible problem-solving school culture
- Begin, initiate and commit to sustain inclusive educational environments
Session details Inclusion Principles and Paradigms Workshop:
- Aligning knowledge and paradigms- where are we - right now?
- Role Clarification for effective collaboration educators (sped and general), parents, interventionists, doctors)
- Workshop: Program
- Planning Workshop:
- Accessing the General curriculum (developing Individualized Education Programs, lessons plans and assessment frameworks that incorporate inclusion contexts)
- Inclusion myth-busting and moving forward, (generating doable goals for inclusion)
- Q & A