• 80m population with 17m in Tehran
• 35 banks with 20 being retail banks
• 20,000 branches
• 45,000 ATMs with big growth expected
• Currently 4.2m POS terminals, expected to be 5m by end of year
• Cash is still king
• EU trade with Iran currently stands at around $8bn and is expected to quadruple in the next 2 years
• Hungry for payments, banking and authentication solutions to help diversify and innovate it’s economy
The future is about collaboration and connecting the Iranian cards and payments ecosystem with their international peers to enhance both citizen and consumer experience.
The event will bring together the entire ecosystem to develop partnerships, share knowledge, collaborate and do business.
Creating an Iranian market place where sales are made, leads are generated and new ideas are rich and flowing.
Iran is the biggest growth market for payments in the Middle East and international vendors need to get in there now or face being too late.