About Philippine Educational Measurement and Evaluation Association (PEMEA)
The PEMEA is a professional organization of educators, researchers, teachers, and assessment, measurement, testing, and evaluation practitioners. Goals:
What we do:
- Promote standards in various areas of education through appropriate and proper assessment.
- Provide technical assistance to educational and other institutions in the area of instrumentation, assessment practices, benchmarking, and process of attaining standards.
- Enhance and maintain the proper practice of testing, assessment, measurement, and evaluation in both local and international level.
- Enrich the theory, practice, and research on evaluation and measurement.
- Create standards in assessment through our specialty divisions in the areas of school and industrial assessment, program evaluation, test development, psychometrics and test analysis, language assessment, early childhood assessment, special education assessment, and online and computerized assessment.
- Communicate and present recent developments in educational assessment through conferences and continuing professional development programs.
- Partner with organizations to communicate standards of assessment to schools.
- Conduct research that involves educational development, assessment, and testing.
- Publish journals (Educational Measurement and Evaluation Review and The Assessment Handbook) reporting empirical articles related in education and other fields in the social science.
- Collaborate with government agencies in developing and utilizing assessment in nation-wide decision making.