Richard is the CFO of Nutrition Technologies. A former Big Four Accounting Firm Partner and US Consulting Firm Senior Managing Director, he left professional services after 15 years to focus on sustainability, working first as the advisor to a US billion-dollar charity addressing plastic waste before joining Nutrition Technologies. Originally a biochemist by training, his finance career has taken him across Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Richard also helps set global valuation standards as a member of the Standards Review Board of the International Valuation Standards Council (IVSC).
Richard previously held the post of Honorary Treasurer and Board Member of a dispute resolution charity for seven years and was a member of Adjunct Faculty at Singapore Management University.
Across my various roles I have:
• developed strategy, forecasts and budgets and assessed performance against them;
• built high performing teams;
• led tenders for and negotiated terms with new service providers (including audit, tax, insurance);
• overseen or worked closely with internal and external shared service providers;
• overseen internal and external audits (as both auditor and client);
• managed working capital though WIP management, supplier and customer relationships (including contract negotiation and payment scheduling);
• overseen management accounts production and board reporting;
• designed, implemented and tested financial controls (including for SOX);
• reviewed and approved annual financial statements; and
• led performance review and appraisal processes.
In my former consulting life I was appointed more than 20 times as a valuation and accounting expert witness or determiner, I have been recognised in Who’s Who Legal for Asset Recovery, Quantum of Damages, Forensic Accounting, Arbitration Expert Witness and Investigations work, and described as ‘an eminent practitioner in the region’ and ‘recognised as a top-tier accounting expert in the region.’