The World Cyber Security Congress Day 1 - 27th March 2018
Opening address by Jennifer Clark, Conference Director
Conference Welcome and Chairperson's opening remarks
Keynote address: the future of cyber security and the information race
- Current cyber security threats: How do they manifest, spread and how can they be contained?
- How can we protect our most valuable infrastructure assets?
- Winning the information security race: competition with foreign states and other actors
Chris Inglis, Former Deputy Director, National Security Agency
The Internet of Things: what do we stand to gain and lose?
- The IoT will bring many advantages to businesses: un-paralleled customer connectivity, brand new business models, agile working
- What are the costs associated with these sweeping changes to the way businesses, homes and people connect?
- Is our national cyber security ready for the Internet of Things?
Cyber Risk Decision Making: The right investments to reduce risk
- Which cyber technologies are worth the investment?
- How can you demonstrate ROI to your board?
- How should you explain your cyber security risk posture to your stakeholders?
- What do investors want to know about your cyber security processes?
Presentation reserved for title sponsor: Translating cyber threats into business risk
Staying competitive in a world of ever increasing cyber risk
- Aligning business and security imperatives
- Do you have a cutting-edge and comprehensive Information Security plan?
- Making use of your best assets: employees, vendors and security solutions
Sponsor Presentation: Understanding the threat and building an effective cyber operations team to respond
- your security mechanisms are built for the untrusted hacker and not the trusted insider; how can you redress the balance and understand your insider risk?
- A lesson in the warning signs for abnormal behavior
- Assess your privileged account security solutions
Third Party Risk Management: the weakest link
- Companies must carefully scrutinize and examine potential partners for cyber security vulnerabilities
- To fail to effectively manage third parties exposes a company to criminal liability
- How can you ensure your supply chain doesn’t leave you vulnerable to an attack?
Planning ahead: in the event of an attack, what decisions will you have to make?
The Future of blockchain and digital currency
Managing your insider threat
Measuring the effectiveness of information security
How do you meet the expectations of a modern workforce and keep the enterprise network secure?
The Internet of Things: managing connected devices and vehicles
Beyond awareness: making employees do cyber security
Are our systems too complex?
- As threats become more sophisticated how can your organization prepare?
- A diverse set of tools – people, technology, ideas – will enable you to survive future attacks
- Should we have gradual evolution or radical change?
- Doing business and staying competitive in a world of ever increasing cyber risk
- Trust as the new market differentiator
- How has the Western Region Municipality, Abu Dhabi pursued a secure digital transformation?
- Lessons learned so far and roadmap for the future
- Reducing the gender gap in IT
Irene Corpuz, Section Head Of Planning And Information Technology Security, Western Region Municipality
- Strategies for data protection in the face of ever-increasing ransomware and data theft
- How much is data worth to a hacker?
- Can you anonymize customer data to make it valueless? Will that undermine your business objectives?
- What separated the winners and losers in recent attacks?
- How can you raise your cyber security protocols to match the survivors?
- Understanding the profile of your ‘average’ attacker
- What motivates hackers to dump data publicly and how do they do it?
- Using this knowledge to inform our cyber security defenses
- Can you ever be fully protected?
- How Israel achieved its cyber security success?
- Policy and Practice which supports or inhibits cyber innovation.
- Building eco-system and collaboration private enterprise with public sector and academia
- Which technologies will propel Israel’s cyber success?
- What are the roadblocks to innovation and how can they be overcome?
- Authentication trends and standards
- Thinking beyond passwords
- Privileged account management
- Managing user access in a multi-cloud enterprise
- Combatting access governance blind spots
- Stolen credential attacks can completely nullify all your security efforts, how can you respond?
Sponsor Presentation: Reserved for Gold Sponsor which approach works best – offence or defence?
planning for the worst-case scenario
- Understand why your company is being targeted
- How honeynets can be used to proactively seek out attacks with near zero false positives
- Adopting the right approach to cyber security to protect your data and prevent attacks
Sponsor presentation: Reserved for Gold Sponsor Using Machine Learning to Automate Advanced Cyber Defense
- How machine learning and mathematics can automate advanced threat detection within networks
- Why self-learning technology, known as the ‘immune system’ approach, detects threats early without using rules or signatures
- How to gain 100% visibility across physical, virtual and cloud environments, including third-party cloud services and SaaS
Sponsor Presentation: Reserved for Gold Sponsor How can we measure ourselves against compliance? security auditing best practice
Sponsor Presentation: Reserved for Gold Sponsor Protecting your data with blockchain as a service
- While a deluge of data in recent years can deliver valuable insights and analytics to help organizations innovate, this also presents new security challenges and attack vectors
- Innovations in cryptography such as Format-Preserving Encryption (FPE) are enabling organizations to adopt a "data-centric" posture to protect this data
- Gain insights into the technologies and best practices adopted by firms to deploy data protection solutions to protect their most valuable assets
Panel Discussion the modern cyber security breach: how can you function offline and how can you get your business operational as quickly as possible?
- Grasping the threat of real world physical damage from cyber
- Going beyond technology domains to crafting a human response to crisis
- Defending the physical and procedural space
- Which non-technology means should we be investing in?
Panel Discussion Digital transformation and cyber security: how can we safely enable the business through technology?
- Digital innovation - breaking from legacy IT systems and embracing new technology - is a key driver of business growth and enterprise value
- How can companies embrace trends like AI, machine learning, blockchain, apps, without exposing themselves to cyber security risks?
- Can cyber security be built into the digital transformation process?
Panel Discussion GDPR – the consequences both intended and unintended
- How will the GDPR really affect you?
- As the attack economy shifts, are you ready for the fallout?
, Head of UK Security, AXA UK Urmas Aamisepp,
Chief Information Security Officer, Clas Ohlson Michael Dierickx
, Director of security engineering and information security officer, Panasonic Avionics Jon Baines
, Data Protection Officer (and GDPR Readiness), Network Rail
Platinum Sponsorship Slot: Beating cybercrime: global trends, predictions & the lessons learnt in responding to the most advanced attacks • The current threat landscape and the geopolitical context o
- The current threat landscape and the geopolitical context of cyber security
- A look to the year ahead; what threats will you all be facing this time next year?
- Which technologies will be dominating the cyber security space, and are there any that really merit the hype?
Sir Iain Lobban, former Director of GCHQ, will host an exclusive panel of former and active government officials from around the world. Held under Chatham House Rule, the panelists will speak off the record about their cyber security priorities and the future of cyber legislation in their respective countries.
last published: 13/Nov/17 09:05 GMT