- Democratization of investment research – does crowdsourcing earnings estimates from anonymous contributors, professionals and non-professionals from the buy-side, sell-side and academia lead to more accurate forecasting than traditional sell-side research?
- Real-time information – how are social networks, blogs and other digital mediums offering instantaneous access to news and information filling a void left by traditional investment research?
- Decentralization, disintermediation & distributed ledger – how will blockchain-based technologies redefine regulation, oversight and the provision of trust in financial transactions?
- The dark side of decentralization – what are the hidden risks in a blockchain revolution?
- Data democracy – is the trend toward equal access to information eroding alpha? If so, how can active managers pivot to regain a competitive edge?
- Cryptocurrency market cap, growth, competition & composition – with the total market cap nearing $90 billion in mid-2017, what are the growth expectations for cryptocurrencies heading into 2018?
Moderator: Mark Beeston, Founder & Managing Partner, Illuminate Financial Management
Daniel Diaz, Head of Business Development, Dash