The Ministry of Transport is committed to developing a safe, integrated and environment-friendly transportation sector that keeps pace with population and urban growths, improves the quality of life and sustainability, supports economic growth and achieves national development requirements.
The Ministry is responsible for all that relates to transportation affairs, particularly the following:
- Overseeing land, maritime and air transportation
- Developing and improving transportation services, studying economic projects and serving national development requirements
- Overseeing compliance with technical performance criteria for entities and companies licensed to do transportation activities
- Overseeing traffic and suggesting traffic safety initiatives in association with competent authorities
- Overseeing maritime and air activities, issuing relevant licenses and ensuring compliance with laws, regulations and systems in place
- Overseeing meteorological activities