John Toms is a Director of Asbestos Building Surveys, with responsibility for their asbestos surveying and training divisions across the UK. He has been in the asbestos, construction and insurance claims markets for c. 30 years.
- Regular speaker on behalf of the RICS on asbestos.
- Guest articles on asbestos in the RICS isurv publication.
- Guest asbestos articles on the ADAO website.
- Spoken on national radio (BBC and others) and quoted in national papers on behalf of ADAO during ‘Global Asbestos Awareness Week’.
- Formerly involved with the Cross Party Group on Construction in the Scottish Parliament, specifically speaking on asbestos.
- Quoted in the RIBA.
- Former Director of Asbestos Services and Former Board Member of the Institute of Occupational Medicine.
- Former member of the Management Team of the Institute of Occupational Medicine.
John has written many articles on the subject of asbestos, most of which have been
published across a range of construction publications, newspapers and in the national press and BBC.