The Australian School Library Association (ASLA) is the national authority, the peak forum in the field of teacher librarianship and school library resource services.
Its aim is to maximise opportunities for students to obtain independent lifelong learning and decision making skills through ASLA's commitment to :
- High professional standards
- Awareness of advances and changes in technology and the competence and ability to teach and use it
- Effective, cooperative use of school resource services by the whole school community
- Qualified teacher librarians with an image of excellence
- Optimum use of the dual skills of teaching and librarianship.