Crystal Ball 2030
In this special closing panel for the Digital Rail track, we take a look into the future and consider:
- What new technologies are on the horizon, and how will they change the game?
- Will urbanisation continue to be the key growth driver, or will other factors contribute?
- What will the relationship between rail and smart cities be like?
- Where will rail fit in the broader transport ecosystem?
- Will Mobility-as-a-Service developments change the role of the rail operator?
- What does a truly seamless, intermodal future look like, and can we get there?
- Will changing passenger expectations alter the services we need to provide?
Jacqueline Linke, Manager, Innovation & Strategy, Transport for NSW