Accounting Business Expo 2020 Agenda | Progressive Bookkeeping
Bookkeeping is enjoying a renaissance in a cloud-run world. How are bookkeepers keeping up with the pace of change? What are the hottest new services that your clients secretly need? How can you find more ways to be relevant and valued by your clients?
Progressive Bookkeeping, Monday 16 November 2020
New political movements in the UK, the US and much of Europe have overturned the status quo, mostly moving to the right. Xi Jinping’s China is exerting its might with the Belt and Road initiative and other projects. Business leaders are weighing into public conversations on the limits of free speech and climate change. What does leadership look like in the next decade?
- Will business leaders and businesses become advocates for political causes and not just profits?
- How will political parties revitalise trust with constituents when technology is outpacing governance?
- Will the era of trillion dollar companies drive Australia towards lesser equality in wealth?
Why An Innovation Strategy Is Not About Technology
How can a firm approach innovation? Does it look different in a small firm compared to a large one? The biggest challenge is convincing people that innovation doesn’t equal technology. It’s about creating a culture and a mindset. Hear one accountant’s exploration of innovation from within her award-winning, 20-staff firm to a $300 million mid-tier.
- Discover the seven conditions to create a culture of innovation
- Learn how you can innovate with your business model, process or market
- Find out how to coordinate innovation within a larger firm
Don’t Become Your Clients’ Black Economy Scapegoat
The Tax Office’s Black Economy Taskforce is turning the heat up on industries that hide billions of dollars in taxpayer revenue. Mobile Strike Teams are targeting clients and also their tax and BAS Agents. What are the Mobile Strike Teams looking for? How can you avoid being drawn into the vortex by your clients’ behaviour?
- Understand how Mobile Strike Teams operate
- Know the preventative steps BAS Agents can take to protect clients and themselves
- Find out the steps you can take to avoid becoming a black economy statistic
Where To From Here For The Australian Economy?
What a year! 2020 heralded a global pandemic and consequently Australia’s first recession in 29 years. Where does this leave the economy now, and what can we expect to see in 2021 and beyond?
A discussion between Australia's fastest-growing Fintech and the leading small business platform. Airwallex and Xero will discuss what it means to be a modern business, and the role of the accountant in modernising businesses to stay competitive in a post-COVID-19 era.
- Find out how SMEs are using technology to compete with big business and how their accounting partners are supporting them
- Identify opportunities to improve data-driven decision making and have better visibility and control of finances with technology
- Hear how Airwallex became the fastest unicorn in Australian history and how SMEs accelerate their global growth with Airwallex
last published: 25/Sep/20 05:55
Progressive Bookkeeping, Tuesday 17 November 2020
What’s on the plate of a CFO of a $13 billion company that is experiencing rapid growth? Mirvac’s assets under management nearly doubled to $23 billion in five years and are on track to hit $32 billion by 2024. How do you scale up an organisation to handle that growth and avoid inefficiency?
- Discover the technology trends that are changing the skillset needed in the finance team
- Find out why employee engagement is such a critical metric to supporting high growth
- Get tips on how to create a high-performing culture
Why Everyone Will Move to Real-Time Audits, and When
The basics of carrying out an audit haven’t changed for centuries. The tectonic shifts in technology are giving rise to new ways of thinking that could see sampling dumped for real-time audits of every single transaction – even if a SME sells thousands of items a day.
- Discover how changes access to banking data will give accountants much more power
- Learn about the potential new models for audit and when they are likely to emerge
- Find out how firms can redesign their audit teams and create radical new services
Your Survival Strategy: Facing Up To Two Years With Out Revenue And How To Come Out On The Other Side
Why You Shouldn't Use VLookup, And Other Excel Power Tips
People think that Vlookup is a great tool but it’s better not to use it. There are plenty of ways to screw up formulas with Vlookup especially when wanting to insert columns within the database. Upgrade your Excel skills with index/match, arbitrary lookups, user-defined formulae and other essential features.
- See examples of the problems that arise with Vlookup
- Discover why altering a database to get information can introduce errors
- Learn about new functions that most people don’t know exist (XLOOKUP)
If you do the minimum number of CPE hours, you may be short-changing yourself. With rapidly evolving technology and legislation, the need to keep up to date has never been stronger. How do you seek both quantity and quality in professional education? Find out why CPE should be viewed as “maximum amount of quality” rather than “minimum number of hours”.
- Understand the difference between the CPE you have to do and the CPE you should want to do
- Develop a structured approach to your CPE
- Find out the sorts of CPE activities most BAS Agents should be targeting
last published: 25/Sep/20 05:55