Accounting Business Expo 2020 Agenda | CIO Summit
Introducing our CIO Summit for mid-tier firms on day 1 of #ABExpo 2020. This is an opportunity for IT leaders, executives and managers with a strategic focus on technology in larger firms to streamline their organisations.
CIO Summit, Wednesday 25 March 2020
Tax In A Digital World
Jeremy Hirschhorn is Second Commissioner at the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). He has overall responsibility for the Client Engagement Group, which fosters willing participation in Australia’s tax and super systems through well-designed client experiences.Jeremy has more than 20 years' experience across the public and private sector in managing complex tax matters.
- Jeremy will be discussing how the ATO is making the complex more streamlined. Jeremy will also be showcasing how the ATO is using its data to support businesses in new ways, and how he sees the role of tax professionals changing.
Business And Politics - The Next 10 Years
New political movements in the UK, the US and much of Europe have overturned the status quo, mostly moving to the right. Xi Jinping’s China is exerting its might with the Belt and Road initiative and other projects. Business leaders are weighing into public conversations on the limits of free speech and climate change. What does leadership look like in the next decade?
- Will business leaders and businesses become advocates for political causes and not just profits?
- How will political parties revitalise trust with constituents when technology is outpacing governance?
- Will the era of trillion dollar companies drive Australia towards lesser equality in wealth?
Why An Innovation Strategy Is Not About Technology
How can a firm approach innovation? Does it look different in a small firm compared to a large one? The biggest challenge is convincing people that innovation doesn’t equal technology. It’s about creating a culture and a mindset. Hear one accountant’s exploration of innovation from within her award-winning, 20-staff firm to a $300 million mid-tier.
- Discover the seven conditions to create a culture of innovation
- Learn how you can innovate with your business model, process or market
- Find out how to coordinate innovation within a larger firm
The Impact Of AI On Accounting
AI and data analytics are powering a wave of groundbreaking technologies. Is your company ready? In this session we will explore how AI and analytics are changing the role of accountants and what finance teams need to do today to reimagine their organisations.
- Find out where AI is transforming business and having the most significant impact
- Discover where you and intelligent machines can work together to reach new levels of productivity and why your strategy can’t ignore them
- Learn how other Australian SMEs like you are unlocking the value from data and accelerating their growth
Innovation is more than a buzzword – it opens up opportunities for new service lines, diversification and higher revenues. The mid-tiers are working through a smorgasbord of technologies and ideas to determine which ones will translate into high-value products for existing clients. Or, looking internally, which ones will improve service delivery and efficiency.
- Discover the range of options for firms that are prepared to invest in change
- Find out which ideas are the most attractive to the mid-tier firms
- Learn how mid-tiers are tackling the tricky issue of change management
Tips To Minimise Your Cloud Server Costs
When the client picks up the phone, they expect their firm to know what’s going on. Behind the scenes, every firm is trying to track everything relating to that client: documents, expenses, billing, sales opportunities – and of course, phone conversations, emails and meetings. How can firms integrate cloud tech and legacy systems at a reasonable cost?
- Find out how mid-tier firms are integrating their key systems
- Learn how to set priorities for managing client data
- Discover how a connected system can increase collaboration between departments
Robotic Process Automation: How To Apply It In Accounting Firms
Robotic process automation has taken off in financial services, especially banking and insurance. Now mid-tier firms are experimenting with RPA software and other process automation platforms to eliminate data entry on a broader scale. Hear how firms are using RPA, the processes they are automating, and how SMEs are using the same technology to automate tax reporting themselves.
- Find out about how firms use 150+ “instructions” or “robots” to manipulate, validate, convert, map, aggregate and share data
- Learn how drag-and-drop programming is replacing the use of VBA
- Discover how SMEs are using process automation to reduce manual data entry and find savings for Fuel Tax Credit, FBT, And GST
How To Open Up Microsoft Teams To Your Clients - Without Breaching Security
Practice Management Is For Billing a Client. A CRM As For Knowing Them
Firms often mistake practice management for CRM – after all, it does come with a client database. The problem is that practice software is built to improve internal productivity. It isn’t designed to assist you in knowing, helping and growing your clients. The move to the cloud is giving firms more options for improving client engagement and revenue.
- Learn about the new crop of enterprise-grade CRMs customised for larger firms
- Find out how firms can use CRMs to identify which clients are likely to buy more services
- Discover the benefits of a CRM for event management, email marketing and succession planning
Coronavirus, Bushfires, Energy Crisis: What Is The Net Impact On The Economy?
A pandemic shuts down China, the world’s factory, slashing revenue from student fees at universities and strangling supply chains. An apocalyptic fire season demolishes holiday trade along the eastern coast. Climate change denial cripples our energy policy and investment. US-led trade wars increase uncertainty. What will the short and long term effects be on Australia’s economy?
- Find out whether a tough six months is a good indicator of the next year
- Discover the impact of global policies on domestic fortunes
- Understand which industries will be hardest hit
A discussion between a rising superstar and an established giant of SME business technology in Australia. Airwallex and Xero will discuss the concept of the modern business and the importance of thinking and acting globally for customers, suppliers and employees.
- Find out how SMEs are using technology to compete with big business and how their accounting partners are supporting them
- Hear how Airwallex became the fastest unicorn in Australian history and how startups can supercharge their growth
- Learn how to identify opportunities to save time and money with automating, offshoring and innovating
last published: 18/Feb/20 23:55