As the cell therapy manufacturing sector matures, novel directions regarding its outlook in the coming decade should be explored.Automated manufacturing process units are increasingly being adopted by product developers and/or CMOs allowing for the gradual build-up of real-time data sets. This will gradually result in whole-bioprocesses that could eventually operate in a semi-autonomous and self-adaptive manner. Given the, flexibility, agility of future manufacturing schemes in low footprint equipment and potentially personalised processes, the question of whether we reach a point where real-time release can become a reality remains to be answered.
- Flirting with the control aspects, machine learning and AI tools and linking these to the actual process
- From mechanistic exploration to data-driven implementation
- High throughput Analytics for Cell Therapy Process Optimization
- Producing high volumes of high-quality data for ‘era of 4.0 industry’ and ‘smart bioprocessing’ without good data, which we currently don’t have a lot of.
- Data acquisition and structuring: useful while building clinical portfolio