Sealy Institute for Vaccine Sciences (SIVS)
The University of Texas Medical at Galveston (UTMB) Sealy Institute for Vaccine Sciences (SIVS) (www.utmb.edu/sivs) is a comprehensive vaccine institute that develops and supports multidisciplinary programs in:
• Basic and applied research • Preclinical development in collaboration with the Institutional Office of Regulated Nonclinical Studies.
• Clinical trials (phase I/II/III/IV) and clinical research
• Public policy research
• Community outreach
• Education and training
The only area where we do not participate is “Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls” (CMC).
The mission of the Sealy Institute for Vaccine Sciences is to improve human health by:
• Conducting research focused on the development and use of vaccines
• Developing public policy and education programs to foster vaccine acceptance
• Training investigators in the field of vaccine research and development
The SIVS is engaged in all aspects of the vaccine development pathway from basic discovery and preclinical development, to clinical trials, and implementation.