ShouBai CHAO, Chief Operating Officer(COO) and Executive Director of CanSino Biologics Inc. He is primarily responsible for the management of daily operations and strategy development. In addition, Dr. Chao also oversees production management and quality control.
Dr. Chao has around 33 years of experience in the biotechnology industry. Prior to joining our Company, Dr. Chao held positions at various companies and organizations, including
- Research engineer at Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences from 1985 to 1987;
- Research associate at industrial biotechnology centre at University of Waterloo from September 1987 to March 1992;
- Bioprocess engineer at Philom Bios Ltd. from August 1992 to August 1993;
- Manager of bacterial vaccines from August 1993 to April 1997, manager of validation compliance from April 1997 to August 2000 at Sanofi Pasteur;
- Senior manager of quality assurance technical support at Genentech Inc. from August 2000 to December 2000;
- Assistant vice president of vaccine technology at Wyeth Pharmaceuticals from January 2001 to December 2007;
- Vice president and senior vice president at AstraZeneca plc from January 2008 to April 2018;
- President and director of the board at Chinese Biopharmaceutical Association-USA from June 2014 to June 2016.
Dr. Chao obtained a bachelor’s degree in inorganic chemical industry from Jiangxi Institute of Technology in July 1982, and a master’s degree in chemical metallurgy from Chinese Academy of Sciences in July 1985. Dr. Chao graduated from the University of Waterloo in Canada with a doctorate degree in biochemical engineering in October 1992.