Nitin is a core leader in McKinsey’s High Tech, Media, and Telecommunications Practices, serving clients throughout Asia–Pacific, Australia, and New Zealand. His particular focus is telecommunications operators, and he advises them on all areas of their business, from strategy—including due diligence and go-to-market strategies—to transformation—including commercial, cost, and digital transformation.
Because of his multidisciplinary work experience, Nitin brings a unique perspective to client problems. He has worked as a network engineer for a leading network-equipment maker, a digital and product marketing manager for a leading mobile operator, and as the director of in-house consulting for a leading Asian operator. This multidisciplinary background allows him to bridge multiple functions and develop integrated, practical solutions for clients.
Examples of Nitin’s recent client work include the following:
- helping an integrated operator on a transformation journey with improvement targets of 30 percent in operating expenditures and 15 percent in capital productivity
- leading a network-transformation program for an operator in Australia and New Zealand that resulted in improved operational productivity and a new, agile way of working
- helping an Asian mobile operator redesign and operationalize its prepaid and postpaid product portfolio, with a focus on consumer-centric value propositions
- supporting a leading Asian mobile operator in developing and executing a sales-channel-transformation strategy, including incentives and redesigning the channel strategy, organization model, and support model
- advising a mobile operator in Asia on its digital transformation road map
In addition to serving operators, Nitin has supported numerous value-assurance and due-diligence efforts, for private-equity investment in telecommunication and communication towers. Now based in Singapore, Nitin has lived in Finland, India, Indonesia, and the United States. He is active in the technology community, where he regularly converses with innovators, the venture-capital community, and regulatory authorities.