India is poised to become a top 5 global pharmaceutical hub by 2020. But in order to achieve this, there’s work to be done, to develop a successful ecosystem. Key stakeholders including the government, pharma, regulators and investors need to work closely together to build it. In this panel, we gather them to explore how, as we explore issues including:
- How will the creation of new pharma clusters across India help enhance the ecosystem?
- How is the Indian government playing an active role to help build up the ecosystem? (Building infrastructure, funding of incubators and accelerators, mission mode programmes)
- Should a robust and sustainable ecosystem be centred around academic institutes to increase collaboration?
- What are some existing models which India can emulate? (Boston,SF Bay area, Singapore, BioValley)
- Is achieving that too idealistic? How far is India from achieving that?