Create your personal agenda –check the favourite icon
3D printing a bridge
E-commerce drone delivery
- Reducing reliance on 3PS with drone delivery technology
- Do drone deliveries make sense from an economic perspective?
- What environmental constraints are hindering the wider use of drones in deliveries?
Optimising asset utilisation with fleet management data
• Strategies for quick data access to enable real-time decision making
• Improving forecasting abilities, redirecting equipment and managing inventory at the touch of a button
Improving grid efficiency with AI smart meters
- Using algorithms to measure exact energy usage
- Deep analysis of system energy use to identify when it is not operating at maximum efficiency and make automatic changes
- What promises will the use of AI hold in improving energy efficiency?
Smart City Leaders Panel From blueprint to scale: What does it take to be a smart city?
- What do we really mean by a smart city? Just how smart can we go?
- What works, what doesn’t, and why? What are your biggest challenges and how are you solving them?
- How to engage key stakeholders for successful smart city pilot programmes
- Power of the people: How can we engage our citizens and what role should they play?
Getting started: Practical steps to introduce IoT into your manufacturing process, A case study in New Balance
• Using IoT and data analytics to improve distribution efficiency
• How can sensing technology help you build a cost-effective supply chain?
Solving the "last mile" problem with driverless vehicles: A case study on Deutsche Bahn
- How can driverless vehicles facilitate connections to train stations?
- What are the limitations in the implementation of autonomous technology?
- Lessons learnt from the test cases – What challenges have to be overcome before a wider roll-out?
3D printing & robotic assembly: The future of construction?
- Integrating 3D and robotics technology
- Is it even possible to remove the assembly element altogether, and 3D print a fully assembled item?
- Overcoming quality control concerns
Drone delivery of your pizza: A Dominos case study
- First commercial delivery of food by Domino’s
- How can we further tap into the potential of drones to offer safer and faster food deliveries to customers
- What advancements in regulations are needed before we see a wider roll-out?
Streamlining your mining supply chain with strategic blockchain solutions
• Discovering how blockchain-inspired technology systems benefit both internal and external efficiency
• Enabling more efficient data sharing in your global mining supply chain
Automated Combustion Tuning using AI Technology
- Using AI to analyse the large volumes of complex digital data acquired during boiler operations
- Achieving cost optimisation and early detection of anomalies
- What improvements in the AI system can we expect?
Deploying IoT technology to improve production line efficiency
• How IoT improves the efficiency and accuracy of machine production
• Case study: Streamlining aircraft design, building and testing with IoT
Autonomous vehicles: A potential game changer for urban mobility
- What fundamental changes in urban mobility will the arrival of driverless AV present?
- How can public authorities take an active role in the roll-out of AVs to ensure their shared use?
- What are the regulations needed to integrate AVs into the mobility eco-system?
3D building information modelling
- How high quality, 3D BIM can help you digitally manage assets during construction
- Using fully integrated 3D BIM to facilitate precise pre-fabrication and fast-track construction
- Forging a link between design & planning and operations & maintenance
1,000 drone deliveries a day: What’s next?
- Making use of a fleet of air-weather drones to deliver more than 1,000 packages a day
- Expanding drone delivery service to remote areas where demands for same-day delivery is high
- How will the use of drones help to drive the growth and expansion of logistics companies?
Driverless cars: Where are we now and where are we heading?
- How will driverless cars change the business model of automotive companies?
- How are manufacturers responding to the advent of driverless cars?
- How is the automotive industry innovating to keep up?
Driving productivity improvements with big data
• Strategies for leveraging big data to predict and prevent engine breakdowns and other downtime events
• Enabling increased productivity and safety with predictive mathematics, machine learning and advanced modelling
Using AI to build more efficient microgrids
- Adopting AI to accurately estimate electricity demand by drawing on big data
- Ensuring stable power facilities while lowering costs
- How does AI technology complement existing smart and microgrid technology?
A revolution on the airplane factory floor: Embracing new technology
• Expanding IoT applications to collect engine health, manage air traffic, decide route restrictions and control fuel use.
• Deploying sensors installed inside the engines to collect data for real time analysis and detection of operational anomalies
Using VR to improve safety: The Situation Engine
- Exposing construction workers to hazardous environments before they arrive onsite, so they can learn from mistakes
- Using immersive learning technology to improve site safety
- Understanding the real benefits of this technology and how it can improve your site
What’s next for drones in the logistics industry?
- Will drones be the game-changer in the logistics industry?
- Addressing legal, logistical and technological issues before drone delivery in the logistics industry can take off
- How far can drone delivery really go? Will it become the norm?
Using big data to minimise environmental impact in mining operations
• Using big data to minimise negative environmental impact
• How can this technology overcome environmental threats and preserve biodiversity?
Using AI for solar home systems
- Using a AI-powered power management systems to learn a customer’s typical power usage pattern and adjusting light brightness to meet expected demands
- How does the technology encourage users to switch to solar power?
- How does the model allow user to progressively expand their solar power systems?
Halving production time with IoT technology: A case study
• Using 80,000 integrated circuit tags to identify bottlenecks
• Blending AI analysis with IoT to identify optimal assembly methods, sequences and even postures
The Smart City in a Box: Surbana Jurong
- So what is a ‘Smart City in a Box’?
- Going narrower: Are there applications of this technology at a more granular level?
- How does this help in managing your construction efforts?
Enhancing passenger safety through human visualization software
- Understanding the impact of vehicle collisions on the complex nature of human body
- Providing insights into how people instinctively react in dangerous situations
- Turning insights into safer designs
Robotics in streamlining logistics operations: A case study in Thailand
- AGV and drones in logistics: What have we learnt so far?
- Deploying collaborate robots that support humans in repetitive and physically demanding tasks
- Goods-to-person automation: Development and progress in Thailand
The role of data analytics in intelligent water management
- Integrating real-time information on water resources
- Using geospatial asset management system maps to locate water incidents
- Providing response teams with accurate information and route guidance
Smart grid & advanced energy technology: Powering the smart cities of the future
- Making the investment case: How will smart grids create operational efficiency and avoid black-outs through load balancing, whilst also reducing energy supply?
- What are the economic and technical barriers inhibiting smart grid rollout across Asia?
- A collaborative approach between public and private sectors?
How AI will change manufacturing
• Discovering how AI helps to build a more customer centric manufacturing process and supply chain
• Using AI to create a leaner and more segmented supply chain
Using robotics help to improve rice yield
• Streamlining the labour-intensive transplanting and harvesting process in rice farming
• Using durable robotics to help in plantation regardless of weather and terrain conditions
Creating efficient, green and sustainable operations
- Balancing innovation vs cost: How do technology leaders in resources industry justify the investment to improve operational efficiency?
- Exploring advanced drone technologies for a wide range of industry applications, from inspections to security, including autonomous, swarms, off-grid, AI edge computing
- Data storage and interpretation: How can you leverage the data your drone has collected?
Retrofitting existing buildings with IoT solutions
- Getting started: What are the basics you need to start your retrofit?
- How do retrofitting costs stack up against new build?
- How much functionality can you secure with a retrofit?
How 3D printing is driving efficiency in aviation transport
- How 3D printing can help the aerospace industry to reduce weight and increase vehicle performance
- What promises will 3D printing bring for connected airlines?
How robots and autonomous vehicles are changing the warehouse operations
- Leveraging robotics and autonomous vehicles to improve operational efficiency at warehouse
- When implementing the technologies, what are the specific challenges that arise in warehouse setups and related storage infrastructure?
- How do you efficiently plan and control robotic motions for picking and transferring items? How do you ensure safety?
- What are ST Logistics’ plans to tap on other emerging technologies?
Unlocking the value of smart meter data
- What benefits does smart meter data bring to utilities and their consumers?
- Making your smart meter data work for you
- What challenges are encountered in scaling smart meter management systems to meet the exponentially increasing data captured?
Smart cities need smart utilities: So how can we get there?
- How is the role of data analytics changing for utilities, and how can we extract maximum value?
- Where does the smart utility fit into the overall connected services puzzle?
- Justifying ROI on “smart” investments
- Overcoming stakeholder engagement challenges
- How much of a role should utilities play in upgrading telecoms infrastructure? What are the collaboration opportunities?
Making your factory robotics smarter with AI
• Balancing efficiency and ethics: How do companies replace routine, highly repetitive tasks with machines while keeping workers trained to perform higher value added elements of the manufacturing processes?
• How will AI-enabled robotics change the workforce of the factory as we known it?
Cognitive & Connected Buildings: Here & now?
- If operations represent 71% of the total cost of a building over its lifespan, can you make a building flexibly adapt to the needs of its tenants?
- Improved diagnostic capabilities within your building
- Using cognitive capabilities for construction management
3D maps for urban planning
- Using 3D mapping to get a more realistic view of the city and simulate future scenarios
- How can 3D information help planners to understand how citizens experience the city?
- What new opportunities does 3D information offer to urban planners in developing and managing the city?
Collaborative robots in logistics operations
- Which leading technology trends are enabling robotics solutions in logistics?
- How robots and people can work together side by side: Is there a way to go even further and use robotics technology to not merely enhance but actually supplement human performance?
- What are some of the potential use cases in the near future?
- How could robots change the world of logistics in the far future?
Enhancing operations, planning and performance of grid assets with data analytics
- How can utility authorities reduce the effects of asset under-performance with data analytics?
- How can data analytics be leveraged to reduce the duration and frequency of outages?
- How much more can we do with data analytics in the utility sector?
Thinking and working on its own: India’s first truly smart factory
• Exploring the best strategies to build an intelligent system capable of collecting data, analysing information and taking corrective actions
• Investigating the role of human supervision in smart factories
Drones in energy production: Hydro dam design & inspection
- Surveying sites with drones before building the hydraulic design for new hydro projects, i.e. powerhouse intake, spillway structure etc
- Modelling the tailrace below hydropower project in project design and development
- Using drones to evaluate flow distribution and vortex generation of redesigned penstock intake
Robotics and AI applications in the construction industry
This presentation will look at the robotics and AI applications in the construction industry, how they will impact the jobsite in the future, and how we should prepare ourselves to be future-ready.
Blockchain meets supply chain: Why?
- How does blockchain bring greater transparency and efficiency to the supply chain?
- Could blockchain help resolve some of the problems encountered in supply chain?
- How will blockchain shape the future of supply chain?
The connected mine
• Building a connected framework to improve traceability and visibility
• Improving mining operations, machine maintenance and operability remotely
The Drone Inspector: Using drone technology for inspecting electricity and gas infrastructure
- Using safety drones to monitor electric infrastructure in hard-to-reach areas
- What safety benefits does it yield for employees?
- What other tasks could these drones take on, to further improve safety and reliability?
Intelligent maintenance with big data analytics
• Making sense of the huge data volumes, coming from multiple sources
• Big data analytics means better decision making
Protecting rail systems from cybersecurity threats
- What is the security threat landscape and malicious threat actors penetrating rail systems?
- What are the key defences in depth architecture, security operations and people approach?
- How can we prepare for and mitigate the risk of future threats?
Could blockchain decentralise the logistics industry?
Bringing wireless networks into underground mines
• Collecting real time data to gain insights into the status of your mine and your workers
• Case study: Bringing wireless technology to an underground copper and gold mining operation
Drones for monitoring wind and solar farms
- Has the use of drones lead to significant O&M savings?
- How can drones complement current wind turbine O&M practices?
- Are drones on the way to becoming the key surveying and O&M instrument of the future?
Using big data to keep your factory running like clockwork
• Why you need to be looking at data in your facility in a new light
Developing a robust cybersecurity strategy in aviation
Learn how to develop a robust cyber security strategy and protect your data and operations.
Raising construction site productivity with drone technology
- Removing the image of a dangerous, dirty and demanding job and drastically changing the work environment
- Reducing the time taken to carry out land surveys
- How does the further integration of drone technology impact your existing workforce? Can they work in tandem?
- Blockchain’s potential for solving problems in the global freight shipping industry which still relies heavily on paper documentation
- How could blockchain-based contracts result in monetary savings for the freight shipping industry?
- How can blockchain work in tandem with IoT to detect issues with cargo from early in a shipment?
Migrating mining operations to cloud based system
• Efficiently transferring existing operations to cloud based systems: What do you need to be aware of?
• Mitigating risks of cloud-based systems other cybersecurity concerns
Using robotic swans for water monitoring
- How do robotic swans help water authorities to navigate the logistical challenge of physically collecting samples from huge bodies of water?
- Tapping the potential of the system to adapt to various environmental challenges
Managing smart urban infrastructure
- Connecting the dots between traffic, energy, waste and more
- How much should you empower your citizens to self—manage?
- Should smart city management be centralised?
Edge analytics: IoT optimization & real-time decision making
• The advantages of implementing specific technology designed for the factory environment
• Improving efficiency in your production process, to improve unit production and equipment operation
The bulldozers have eyes: Using drones for automated bulldozer capability
- Overcoming labour shortages: Humans working in tandem with machines
- Improving automated bulldozer accuracy: How can you dramatically reduce the margin of error?
- Are their broader applications for this in the construction industry?
Overcoming cybersecurity challenges in connected cars
- What are the security risks that could compromise drivers’ physical and personal safety?
- What role do connected car makers play in improving cybersecurity in their vehicles?
- How can car makers design cybersecurity measures to protect consumers in a technological ecosystem that is becoming more complex?
Create your personal agenda –check the favourite icon
Roundtable Discussion Session
Asset management & fleet tracking with IoT
- Achieving greater visibility of products with multiple sensors placed in packages, pallets, trailers and warehouses
- Enabling customers to monitor critical shipments in real-time, from pick-up to delivery
- How can IoT help 3PLs to drive business growth?
Adopting AI in train maintenance
- How can AI be effectively deployed in managing complex asset maintenance schedules
- How MTR is using cloud computing, IoT, AI and smart sensor technology to improve operational efficiency
- Key takeaways for other metros considering implementing AI on their own systems?
Visualising a Smart Power Plant with Hololens Technology
- Creating interactive 3D models of plant equipment
- Obtaining virtual estimates relating to remote maintenance of smart power plants
- Managing future demand and improving energy efficiency
Panel: The central & critical role of telecoms in smart cities
- Underpinning rapid development of smart cities
- Communications and data layer requirements for smart cities
- Partnerships between cities and telecoms providers: How much flexibility do you need to build into your business model?
Creating a truly connected factory: Connecting 60,000 devices and robots to a central data management system
• Streamlining the production management environment
• Driving actionable insights into factory operations
Regulating drone flight paths in manned aerospace: A harmonised future?
- Deciding boundaries between manned and unmanned airspace
- Building uncontested airspace for UAVs
- Exploring strategies in manned-unmanned airspace integration
- What opportunities are there for harmonisation across Asia Pacific, and even globally, for manned and unmanned airspace?
Driving automation in e-commerce logistics
- In which part of the logistics operation that automation works best?
- Steps to a successful implementation of automated technologies
- Collecting and analysing data
- Defining system architecture
- Managing transition strategies from old to new systems
- Challenges and lessons learned
Predicting taxi availability with machine learning
- How is Grab using machine learning to cut down waiting time for a taxi?
- Building models for predicting taxi availability to improve matching on the platform
Mapping the potential of solar power with 3D models
- Using 3D models to identify a city’s solar energy potential
- Undertaking solar energy forecasts to identify suitable areas for solar panel installation
Increasing manufacturing flexibility with robotics: Changing the model in just 18 seconds
• Using the “FlexLean philosophy” to streamline manufacturing
• Speeding up your assembly line to meet your requirements without compromising on safety or performance
Creating a smart warehouse
- Smart warehouse as a hub to boost efficiency across the supply chain
- Establishing a system that integrates both new and legacy systems
- What are the executive challenges that need to be overcome?
3D in plant modelling and design
- Minimising costly mistakes by using complex component visualisation during the construction phase
- How can 3D models help to overcome challenges during the design and conceptualisation phases?
- What efficiency and cost savings can be achieved?
Wireless everywhere: building the wireless nervous system for our smart cities
- How are we connecting our smart cities?
- Is existing infrastructure ready to accommodate to the greater demands for connectivity and network reliability?
- Retrofitting opportunities for upgrading existing assets
Collaborative robotics: A new era of modern manufacturing
• Finding the right approach for integrating collaborative robotics in your manufacturing: What do you need to think about and when?
• Safety considerations when working with collaborative robotics
When’s my bus coming? Ask “Bus Uncle” the chatbot
- Drawing from real-time public transport database to build the app
- Creating a humorous and entertaining personality for chatbots to enhance the user experience
- How can developers make better use of open datasets?
Regulations in commercial drone delivery
- Door-step delivery in urban settings: Challenges and requirements
- Weigh specifications and fail safe measurements in urban delivery
- Case study: Flirtey urban drone delivery
Speeding up last-mile delivery with data
- Using data analytics to minimise driving time
- Enabling 3PLs to understand how vehicles perform during different routes and to see how they could improve deliveries
- How can data analytics can help 3PLs to achieve greater customer satisfaction?
Driving towards a future of connected cars
- How can connected vehicles enable automakers to differentiate their products and generate new revenue streams?
- What can be done about digital safety and data privacy which could potentially hinder consumer take-up?
- How do transport regulations and infrastructure need to evolve for greater V2V connectivity?
What does the future hold for blockchain in utilities?
- Will we see wider adoption of blockchain among energy providers?
- How will energy providers rethink energy market transactions and discover untapped opportunities?
- What factors will facilitate/hinder customer adoption?
Panel: Smart cities start with smart buildings, so how do we get started?
- Investing in efficiency and sustainability
- Challenges in raising capital for smart building construction
- Retrofitting vs new construction – how well does this work?
- Innovative construction techniques and technologies
- How can smart buildings help increase liveability?
Understanding the applications of VR technology for your factory
Building affordable drones for humanitarian purposes
- Sourcing affordable materials for building resilient drones
- Balancing weight, endurance and cost of relief drones
- Rapid fleet deployment for emergency response
Panel: IoT and big data in logistics: Digitising logistics operations in supply chain
- Applications for analysis of unstructured data in inventory management, forecasting and transportation logistics
- Deriving actionable insights through predictive and prescriptive analysis: How can we fully tap into the value that big data can provide?
- How quickly can IoT demonstrate ROI?
- If you could make one radical change in the industry mindset to fully embrace the potential of IoT and big data, what would it be?
Improving Traffic Management with IoT
- Implementing an Area Traffic Control Systems designed to control traffic lights
- Enabling direct regulation of traffic flow and performance of traffic lights
- Feeding ATCS with information from vehicle presence sensors to allow it to directly alter the frequency of red and green lights at congestion site
Blockchain Car Charging
- Experimenting with electric car charging stations using blockchain tech to authenticate users and manage billing process
- Achieving cost savings through micro-transactions and deploying electricity more efficiently
- Overcoming regulatory requirements to make this a reality
Turning your factory into a marketing tool using VR
• Creating an immersive look into the manufacturing process for your customers
Humanitarian delivery in inaccessible regions
- Providing care and cure to patients in hard to reach areas
- Strategies for using drones to empower patients and medical helpers in remote areas
- Case study: Roundtrip delivery of essential aids and medicine in Africa
Using predictive maintenance to improve operational efficiency
- Diagnosing potential faults in engines with sensors
- Analysing data collected to detect any operational anomalies or signs of developing faults
- How is the application of IoT expected to boost operational efficiency for transport operators?
Blockchain as an enabler of the peer-to-peer energy exchange
- What are the real applications of blockchain technology for utility companies – smart metering, appliances, micro-grid and grid monitoring?
- Managing transactions across a microgrid through blockchain energy
- Managing cyber security concerns
Buildings powered by IoT: More than just energy management
- Exploring the opportunity for other emerging technologies in smart buildings, e.g. VR/AR
- Security Considerations
Using VR to improve efficiency
Relief in remote disaster zones
- Equipment requirements in search and rescue drones
- Working with authorities to provide aid for individuals in conflict zones
- Case study: Typhoon Haiyan, Philippines
More than a “Cool Tool”: IoT strategy to capitalise on data visibility
- Overcoming the visibility issue: The application of IoT along with cloud-based GPS and RFID chips to keep track of individual items and their conditions
- Data crunching: How to manage different types of data (package information, user preferences, geographic mapping, etc.)
- Making sense of the data: Given the huge amounts and complexities of data that can be involved, real advantage from improved visibility starts with a good understanding of what IoT strategy will work for logistics
IoT enabled waste management
The 3D-printed car: What’s next?
• Investigating the adoption of co-creation partnership models with suppliers and customers
• Discovering the potential for implementing co-creation and micro-manufacturing in Asia
Applying transportation analytics to build a SMART Airport
- Using IT to enable the collection of operational data
- How can data analytics be a key enabler of productivity improvement
- Development of mobile apps to provide real-time information for passengers and staff
Leveraging IoT in driving smart grid innovation
- How can smart grids help to deliver power more efficiently, reduce emissions and management costs?
- IoT as an enabler to connect all utility assets – how does this help to increase productivity?
- How can IoT help utilities to create value from customer data?
Transforming supply chains into supply streams: Achieving logistics efficiency, security & sustainability with IoT
- Combining real-time sensor data with environmental data to provide deeper intelligence to all stakeholders in the ecosystem
- How does IoT help in moving the supply chain process from reactive to proactive with real-time data?
- How can the industry advance the use of IoT beyond its nascent stage
Delivering customised experiences for commuters with smart, data-driven applications: A Beeline case study
- Analysing EZ-link data to seed initial bus routes
- Refining routes by crowd-sourcing routes from users
- Enhancing passenger journeys with analysis of journey patterns
IOT in water management
- Tracking water quality, temperature, consumption & other metrics with smart water sensors
- Enabling consumers the ability to monitor their water consumption
- Providing useful information to public
Data & analytics for smart city waste management
- Getting visibility on city sanitation and other waste management tools including garbage collection
- Generating meaningful insights
- Automating the process: How much human oversight is required?
Changing the manufacturing landscape with 3D printing
• What are the advantages over traditional manufacturing?
• If there’s serious opportunity for small batch orders, is the same opportunity there for huge orders?
Applying predictive analytics for real-time public transport incident management
- Using data-driven analytic models that provide insights to mitigate the anticipated impact
- Multi-agency collaboration to give transport operators a complete visibility of commuters’ travel patterns
Asset Management with Industrial IoT
- Adopting asset performance management software to connect disparate data sources and to aid data analysis
- Placing sensors on key infrastructure to monitor and collect data on operations and efficiency
- Can we expect to see wider adoption of IIoT in utilities companies?
Using IoT to combat environmental issues
Changing the role of software in the invention of form: Dreamcatcher
• Synthesising alternative design solutions for comparison
• Space design visualisation
Dealing with legacy systems and migrating to new IoT-enabled platforms
- Upgrading legacy equipment and standards to smarter connected systems and processes
- Planning the IoT transformation: Keeping it simple and getting it right
- Sustainable IoT: With software development cycles being rapidly reduced, how to migrate to a new IoT-enabled system that will ensure they are future proofed for new developments?
- Being agile: as e-commerce is now a massive opportunity for many 3PLs, how to be agile to keep up with the fast changing nature of the e-commerce market?