Create your personal agenda –check the favourite icon
Chair's welcome remarks
Guest-of-Honour Keynote Address: Growing renewable energy in Vietnam: Investing in the future
- Realising Vietnam’s renewable energy potential
- Driving policy & implementing incentives: Making Vietnam attractive
- Short, medium & long-term renewable energy prospects
- Bringing reliable, sustainable power to Vietnam’s entire population
Panel Discussion: Diversifying Vietnam’s energy future
- What does Vietnam’s future energy mix look like?
- Driving substantial renewable energy growth: How to level the playing field and ensure they can compete with thermal power generation
- How are new energy technologies creating opportunities for renewable energy?
- The role of foreign direct investment: Making Vietnam attractive
- Learning from overseas: Who is getting it right, and what are the lessons for Vietnam?
- Rural electrification plans
Developer Perspectives Panel: What role will utility scale solar play in Vietnam in the next decade?
- FiT for purpose? Updates on new and changing incentives: Can tenders & auctions can make Vietnam’s solar market in Vietnam more efficient?
- DPPA framework pilot: Providing security for long-term projects
- How are new technologies increasing output and reducing costs? Exploring solar efficiency, sun tracing and efficient power conversion
- Overcoming project bottlenecks
Panel Discussion: Making Vietnam renewable energy project bankable
- Understanding the risk profile for renewable energy projects across the value chain
- Which financial instruments are preferred? Do local investors and overseas investors think the same way?
- The role of multilateral investors
- As a relatively new market to foreign energy investors, how important are pre-existing relationships?
- What government support do investors want to see? Is it just about the FiT and the PPA?
Panel Discussion: Structuring the deal: Energy project financing in Vietnam
- Risk, cash flow & value across the entire development cycle
- Pricing risk premiums: Dealing with political, currency & construction risks
- Is there a role for public-private partnerships, and how do they sit with investors?
- Accessing local financing options for renewable energy
- Debt or equity? What’s the best way of getting your project funded?
- Funding large scale vs. small scale projects
Innovative renewable energy financing trends & their implications for Vietnam
- Real alternatives to bank financing: What are they and who is using them?
- Overview of green finance actors (banks, ESCOs and YieldCos) and instruments (green bond, EFT and green insurance) in the region
Panel Discussion: Meeting Vietnam’s wind potential
- Supporting wind deployment: What new incentives do we need to drive Vietnam’s wind energy generation forward?
- Making policy clear
- How much offshore wind potential is there in Vietnam, and are costs prohibitive?
- Scaling up: How can we speed up wind deployment in Vietnam?
Developer Perspectives Panel: Making wind work: Insights from successful wind developers
- Overview of successful wind projects in Vietnam
- Overcoming project bottlenecks: What do you need to be aware of?
- Let’s talk money: What’s the investor appetite for wind projects in Vietnam?
- Technology selection: Choosing and evaluating your turbines
- How does the project landscape in Vietnam compare with other surrounding countries?
- Successful market entry: How do you do it?
Create your personal agenda –check the favourite icon
Guest-of-Honour Keynote Address: A roadmap for intelligent power grid development
- Preliminary successes with automating grid operation and enhance grid reliability
- Working to digitise the grid and implement demand side management and demand response
- Integrating renewable energy into the modernised grid
- Cementing Vietnam’s energy future
Enabling integration: Grid integration development update
- The current status of grid connection for approved renewable energy plants
- The future plan to ensure successful grid integration for renewable projects
- Key initiatives to safeguard grid stability with higher penetration of renewables
Learning from international successes: Towards successful RE grid integratio
- International grid integration success stories: What can Vietnam learn?
- Technology transfer: What are the key technologies we need for effective RE grid integration?
- Scaling RE grid integration at speed
- Partnering for success: What do we need from a policy perspective?
Building smart grids: Trends and challenges
- Getting started with smart grids
- What can Vietnam learn from similar international smart grid development experiences?
- How much existing infrastructure needs to be upgraded to enable real smart grid development in Vietnam?
The smart city energy opportunity
- Understanding the role of the utility & its partners in smart cities
- Infrastructure developments necessary for success: Reworking the energy mix and distribution systems
- Creating energy communities: Microgrid potential for effective smart city energy management
Panel Discussion: Driving solar adoption at speed: Rooftop solar
- The huge potential for rooftop solar in Vietnam and preliminary successes
- Overcoming the major challenges: Combatting unclear grid code and lack of widespread smart metering
- Getting large energy users on board
- Creating power trading opportunities
Panel Discussion: Solar & storage: Creating reliable, renewable power
- How storage can enhance solar in Vietnam
- New technology: What are the latest solar technology innovations and how easy are they to deploy in Vietnam?
- The economics of solar + storage in Vietnam: is it feasible?
Floating solar: A new approach to solar power generation
last published: 14/Jan/19 05:45 GMT