The Financial Inclusion Summit East Africa will bring together all of the stakeholders involved in financial inclusion to discuss critical challenges, opportunities, pilot programmes and future roadmaps.
The Financial Inclusion Summit East Africa is a one day summit, and will bring together all of the stakeholders involved in financial inclusion to discuss critical challenges, opportunities, pilot programmes and future roadmaps.
Financial Inclusion Summit EA 2018 09:05, Financial Inclusion Summit
The evolving financial inclusion landscape in East Africa
• How is technology shaping financial inclusion and influencing patterns of economic growth? • What products and services are customers demanding and how is the industry adapting and responding? • What type of collaboration between established and emerging providers lends itself to the new thinking on financial inclusion? • Evaluating where big gains are being made and what intractable challenges remain
Financial Inclusion Summit EA 2018 09:30, Financial Inclusion Summit
Panel: A new age of collaboration
• How are incumbents and fintechs partnering to drive financial inclusion? • Overcoming challenges and risks that come with digitisation related to privacy, agents and new market entrants • How are innovations in e-money, agent banking, KYC and consumer protection enabling digital finance? • Fostering collaborations that breed innovation • Leapfrogging traditional entry points for financial inclusion
Financial Inclusion Summit EA 2018 10:00, Financial Inclusion Summit
Rethinking regulation for inclusive innovation
• Examining the relationship between innovation and policymaking • What approach works best for regulators and supervisors: regulatory sandboxes, innovation hubs and fintech solutions for RegTech • Will regulation shape technology, or vice versa? • Boosting inclusion by presenting safe, useful services that are attractive and accessible to the unbanked
Financial Inclusion Summit EA 2018 11:40, Financial Inclusion Summit
Measuring financial health
• Creating financial inclusion measures that are allied with people and their well-being • Taking into account monetary poverty: considering broader socio-economic disadvantages • Exploring the link between financial services, context and financial well-being • Changing the measurement paradigm: tracking signs of risk and harm • Creating shared prosperity
Financial Inclusion Summit EA 2018 12:00, Financial Inclusion Summit
Building trust and overcoming barriers in digital financial services
• Building robust and scalable technology • Do customer-centricity and service have a place in the new age of digital finance? • Stimulating rapid adoption of DFS with advanced customer service • What roles and responsibilities do customers, providers and other stakeholders play in building trust? • How important are client protection and regulation in driving trust?
Financial Inclusion Summit EA 2018 14:20, Financial Inclusion Summit
The rise of digital credit
• Understanding digital credit users • Driving standards of care developed for digital credit products • Are nano loans safe for consumers? • Avoiding over-indebtedness: damaging credit scores for early adopters
Financial Inclusion Summit EA 2018 15:20, Financial Inclusion Summit
Digital financial services in the fintech era
• Where are new DFS technologies, business models and products pushing the boundaries to reach the unbanked? • Examining how smartphones transform the use and impact of DFS • Achieving scale: collaborate vs compete • Balancing the goal of extending access with the need for consumer protection and system stability