Alix Murphy, Director of Mobile Partnerships, WorldRemit
A leading Mobile Money specialist, Alix helps build and support commercial relationships with telecoms operators all over the world. Before WorldRemit, Alix was at the GSMA, where she consulted mobile operators on revenue opportunities in Mobile Money and digital identity.
She has on-the-ground expertise of the telecoms sector in regions as diverse as sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, North America, East Asia and South East Asia. In her early career, Alix spent several years in international development, including at the Grameen Foundation and Aga Khan Foundation.
WorldRemit is an online service that lets people send money to friends and family living abroad using simply their mobile phone. It is a convenient, low-cost alternative to traditional money transfer companies that use high street agents and charge unreasonable fees.
Money can be received as a bank deposit, cash pick-up, mobile airtime top-up, or deposit into a Mobile Money wallet. WorldRemit’s service is available to senders in 52 countries. We offer transfers to more than 140 destinations across Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and the Americas.
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money.
• It’s easy – just open the app or visit the website – no more agents.
• Transfers to most countries are instant – send money like an instant message.
• More ways to receive (Mobile Money, bank transfer, cash pickup, and mobile airtime top-up).
• Available in over 50 countries and 125+ destinations.
• WorldRemit has raised nearly $200m to date from Accel Partners and TCV – investors in Facebook, Spotify and Netflix, as well as Silicon Valley Bank.
WorldRemit’s global headquarters are in London, UK with regional offices in USA, Canada, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.