Chair’s opening remarks
- Does decoding the genes of patients’ cancer help to accelerate the pace of discovery?
- Is more sequencing, across large populations worthwhile?
- How to combine all these data into one searchable pool?
- How will this translate to better and more personalized vaccines or treatments for patients?
- The paradigm of bringing multiple cancer centers together, connecting academics with industry and how to data share
- The type of data sharing necessary to learn from the experience of patients that go through cancer immunotherapy
How to effectively manipulate the microbiome to improve efficacy of vaccines and immunotherapy
- Understanding the microbiome and its interaction with the immune system
- What evidence is there that one can change the other?
- Potential opportunities and current challenges in harnessing this knowledge into better treatments
- What models can be used to support innovation?
- What criteria do we look for in choosing biotech’s to work with?
- How to be successful; programs and strategies to grow your company – how does this apply to vaccines and immunotherapy?
Morning Networking Break
Challenges & opportunities in securing Government Funding, Collaborations, and Licensing
Common logistics challenges that can delay clinical trials
Fuelling innovation through strategic investments in immunotherapy
In vivo evaluation of biomarkers and immune correlates of vaccine-induced protection
Manufacturing of personalized vaccines a reality?
Microbiome biomarkers for cancer immunotherapy: promise and challenges
Overcoming clinical challenges that occur with combining different immuno-oncology approaches
Quality assurance and quality compliance in the development of personalised cancer vaccines
Networking Lunch & Poster Session
- Results of Ph1b study for HIV vaccine
- Moving into Ph11a proof of concept studies
- Results of Zika pre-clinical studies
- Preparing for Zika first in human trials
- Has interest in Zika diminished? Impact on vaccine development
- Using real time next-generation sequencing and bioinformatics approaches to identify and catalogue neoepitopes for each patient
- How algorithms have increased the accuracy of identifying neoepitopes from 1% - 40%
- Manufacture and delivery of personalized cancer vaccines either alone or in combination with other therapeutics
- Review of the immune response to cholera
- Protective efficacy in a human challenge model
- Establishment of a correlate for use in pre-licensure studies
- Extension of this approach for post-approval studies
- The past, present and future of anti-PD-1 therapies
- Where are we currently with Keytruda monotherapy and biomarkers
- Updates on our combination strategy and trials with Keytruda and other novel agents
- Why self-amplifying RNA systems?
- Engineering beneficial attributes into RNA systems
- In vitro analysis of engineered attributes
- In vivo analysis of engineered attributes
- Impact of engineered attributes on immunogenicity
- Preliminary clinical outcomes of FIM clinical trial of CAR-GPC3 T cells in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma
- Bottlenecks in tech transfer for CAR-GPC3 T cells cross board manufacturing
- Regulatory considerations when planning CAR-T clinical trials in China vs in US
- Review of clinical experience with electroporation based intradermal and intramuscular DNA vaccination
- Development of electroporation device technology to support the development & deployment of novel DNA vaccine candidates
- Adaptation of electroporation for delivery of DNA encoding monoclonal antibodies
- Rationale for combination of adenoviral vaccine with “superkine” IL-15 agonist
- Partnering with NK cell therapy – mechanisms of action
- Study design and initial safety
- Early response data
- Introduction of a whole cell pertussis vaccine in the 1950s led to dramatic reduction in morbidity
- Whole pertussis inactivated vaccine was associated with significant side effects, replaced in 1997 with acellular version
- Resurgence of pertussis in teenagers – age of people affected correlates with time when vaccine switched from whole cell vaccine to acellular vaccine occurred
- Discussion of changes that have been identified in in immune profile between old vaccine and new
- Mode of action
- Planned and ongoing clinical studies
- Combination with vaccines
- The importance of STING activation in priming patient’s tumours to respond to checkpoint inhibition
Chair’s Closing Remarks & End of Congress
Chair’s Closing Remarks & End of Congress
last published: 22/Nov/17 13:05 GMT