Have you ever wondered…..
- What determines which medicines get developed?
- How are drug prices set and are they too high?
- How much does it really cost to develop a medicine?
- Are biopharma companies making too much profit?
….then join our session. The answer to these questions requires an understanding of the business model of the biopharma industry, and the best way to get that understanding is to start your own biopharma company! In this interactive simulation exercise you will be put in the shoes of a biopharma CEO and get to make a series of critical decisions:
- Which potential medicines will you invest in?
- Your trial data is in: What do you do? Go or No-Go?
- Did your drug get approved? How will you price it?
- If your drug failed, what are you going to tell your investors?!
Using the insight gained in the exercise, we will collectively address the biggest and most important questions about the sustainability of innovation in rare diseases.How is this working for gene and cell therapies in practice?In the second part of the workshop we explore the real world sustainability challenges for gene and cell therapies from the perspective of different stakeholders:A case study from industry perspective on the challenges to commercialisation and patient access to Strimvelis for ADA-SCIDOverview of the RARE IMPACT collaboration: how to realise the potential of gene and cell therapies in rare diseases by ensuring a pathway to patient access that is sustainable for all stakeholders.