Rares Pateanu is an Independent Executive Consultant with over 35 years of holding progressively senior roles in the IT industry in R&D, architecture, system software development, applications development, security, customer service, management and marketing.
Some of the key roles Rares played were:
- Executive Director, managing the Montreal unit of the Enterprise Data & Services division of Morgan Stanley, one of the top investments banks in North America
- Chief Architect , Rogers Communications Inc., the largest telecom company in Canada
- Vice President of Architecture at CGI, the largest IT solutions and consulting services organization in Canada
- Technology Head at the Bank of Montreal, first for Fixed Income Capital Makets, and later for Cash Management Services
- Almost a decade at IBM holding progressively senior roles in development, management and marketing in the AS/400 area of the Toronto Laboratory
In addition to his consulting activities, Rares Pateanu also serves as Director on the Board of Directors of GreenBank Capital Inc., an investment bank that developed the world’s first cyber-currency ecosystem with identified transactions and full Know Your Customer process compliance. In this capacity, Rares is involved in the promotion and development of blockchain technologies.
Rares is an award winning frequent speaker at computer science conferences all over the world and his articles on various data processing technologies have appeared in many reputable computer industry publications. His teaching career spans over 35 years, 25 of those at York University in Toronto, where he has been an Adjunct Professor for many years, and continues to teach a variety of Computer Science courses.
Rares Pateanu holds a M.Sc. Summa Cum Laudae in Mathematics and Computer Science, from the University of Cluj, Romania.