Bogie Ozdemir is currently the Chief Risk Officer and an Executive Vice President with Canadian Western Bank Group, a diversified financial services organization providing specialized services in banking, trust, and wealth management.
Prior to joining Canadian Western Bank Group, and in his role as a Vice President with Sun Life Financial Group, Bogie led the development and implementation of (and was responsible for) ORSA, as well as overseeing Operational Risk, Model Vetting and Risk Analytics. Prior to this, as a Vice President with BMO Financial Group, he was responsible for Economic Capital, Stress Testing, and Basel Analytics, as well as the development and implementation of ICAAP. Previously, as Vice President of Standard & Poor’s Credit Risk Services group, Bogie held global responsibility for engineering new products and solutions, and business development and management.
Bogie has co-authored many papers, including most recently:
- Managing Capital Buffers in the Pillar II Framework - Designing an effective ICAAP/ORSA to manage procyclicality and reconcile short- and long-term views of capital, Peter Miu, Bogie Ozdemir, The Journal of Risk Model Validation, Winter 2010
- Value Optimization in a Regulatory Constrained Regime – A New Look at Risk vs. Return Optimization, Peter Miu, Bogie Ozdemir, Michael Giesinger, Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions, Winter 2011
- Managing Performance using a Dual Measure, Bogie Ozdemir, Evren Cubukgil, Huaxing Xia, Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions, Summer 2014, Vol 7, Number 3
- Managing differences in Economic and Regulatory capital, An examination of ROE maximizing strategies, Bogie Ozdemir, Evren Cubukgil, Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions, 2014, Vol 7, Number 4
- Determining Hurdle Rate and Capital Allocation in Credit Portfolio Management, Miu, Ozdemir, Cubukgil & Giesinger, May 5, 2015, Journal of Financial Services Research
- Can Basel 4 work? An examination of the new Basel Proposals, Bogie Ozdemir, Gokul Sudarsana, Michael Giesinger, Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions, Vol. 8, No. 3, 2015
Bogie has also co-authored two books:
- Basel II Implementation: A Guide to Developing and Validating a Compliant, Internal Risk Rating System, Bogie Ozdemir, Peter Miu, 2008, McGraw-Hill
- Adapting to Basel III and the financial crises, Re-engineering capital, business mix, and performance management practices, Bogie Ozdemir, Peter Miu, January 2013, Risk Books