Tunmbi Idowu provides regulatory and compliance support to Ericsson M-commerce, partners and stakeholders. He ensures that risks are properly identified and that products, practices and services, meet international, regional and country legal standards. He has been actively involved in the implementation of European Directives and Regulations and continues to work closely with regulatory bodies, authorities and governments internationally. Prior to his present responsibilities he has worked and held key positions in a variety of international financial and payment services provider institutions.
As a lawyer, he is very keen to support the creation of fit for purpose legal and regulatory regimes. Mr. Idowu is a permanent member of a new focus group for Digital Financial Services, owned by ITU, the International Telecommunication Union
- Spoke at the United Nations panel debate on “Cutting the Cost of Remittance” on the 20th June 2014 as the only ICT company representative
- Participated in the panel debate at the world largest mobile money event, Money 2020 in Las Vegas, 2-6th November 2014, more than +7000 participants. Panel : Going Global, Potholes, Profits and Perspectives
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
- CEPS - ECRI Event - Centre for European Policy Studies
- European Commission on the integrated European payment markets