Vikas Dandekar is a seasoned journalist who has been tracking the Indian healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for over twenty years His domain of news coverage includes corporate developments, policy issues, medicine access programs, patent litigation, drug discovery and innovation. Vikas has worked with several reputed Indian and international media firms spanning Indian Express, The Economic Times, Reed Elsevier and Informa. Vikas is currently the Chief Editor - News at CNBC TV18 - India's number one business news channel.
Conference Day 1 @ 08:55
Chairman’s opening remarks
Conference Day 1 @ 09:30
Boardroom panel: Creating a robust ecosystem for pharma in India
India is poised to become a top 5 global pharmaceutical hub by 2020. But in order to achieve this, there’s work to be done, to develop a successful ecosystem. Key stakeholders including the government, pharma, regulators and investors need to work closely together to build it. In this panel, we gather them to explore how, as we explore issues including:
- How will the creation of new pharma clusters across India help enhance the ecosystem?
- How is the Indian government playing an active role to help build up the ecosystem? (Building infrastructure, funding of incubators and accelerators, mission mode programmes)
- Should a robust and sustainable ecosystem be centred around academic institutes to increase collaboration?
- What are some existing models which India can emulate? (Boston,SF Bay area, Singapore, BioValley)
- Is achieving that too idealistic? How far is India from achieving that?