Dr. S.D. Ravetkar is an Executive Director with Serum Institute of India Ltd. Apart from his Doctorate he holds degrees in Management and Finance. He has authored various research articles in national and international journals. He is also on advisory board of various national and international organizations and journals. He has more than 43 years techno-commercial experience in biotech industry in various areas like QC, production, projects planning & research. At present his major responsibility is manufacturing of Bacterial combination vaccines mainly Pentavalent and Hexavalent vaccine. He has extensively worked on microbial and bioengineering aspects of vaccinology and also has got expertise on technology transfer. He has widely traveled worldwide. He is listed amongst 15 influential figures in the Asian Vaccine Industry.
Conference Day 1 @ 09:30
Boardroom panel: Creating a robust ecosystem for pharma in India
India is poised to become a top 5 global pharmaceutical hub by 2020. But in order to achieve this, there’s work to be done, to develop a successful ecosystem. Key stakeholders including the government, pharma, regulators and investors need to work closely together to build it. In this panel, we gather them to explore how, as we explore issues including:
- How will the creation of new pharma clusters across India help enhance the ecosystem?
- How is the Indian government playing an active role to help build up the ecosystem? (Building infrastructure, funding of incubators and accelerators, mission mode programmes)
- Should a robust and sustainable ecosystem be centred around academic institutes to increase collaboration?
- What are some existing models which India can emulate? (Boston,SF Bay area, Singapore, BioValley)
- Is achieving that too idealistic? How far is India from achieving that?