BioData West- NASA Ames Satellite Conference & Workshops @ 13:40
PANEL: Pre-competitive collaboration
- How to effectively partner with other industry members to advance research whilst maintaining a competitive edge?
- Case studies of operative frameworks and pre-competitive collaboration between industry partners.
- Technologies used to assist with pre-competitive collaboration
BioData West: Day 1 @ 12:20
INTERACTIVE E ROUNDTABLES
1) Integrating EMR -
Integration of electronic medical records with a biomedical knowledge network to predict medical outcomes
Chair: Sergio Baranzini, Professor UCSF
2) Collaboration -
How to enable researchers to use data and collaborate easier?
Chair: Christopher Riley, Research Administration Manager,
The Institute for Precision Cardiovascular Medicine
3) Quantum Computing -
Where are we and what we are doing?
Kim, General Manager, Quadrant Machine Learning Business Unit, D-Wave Systems, Inc
4) CLSA California -
Partnering and driving a hot bed of translational medicine in California
Chair: Sara Radcliff, President and Chief Executive Officer, California Life Sciences Association
5) Electronic Consent
- How to develop an electronic e-trial strategy effectively?
Chair: Megan Doerr, Principal Scientist, Sage Bionetworks
Sarah Meeder, Research Compliance Specialist, CUNY
6) Personal Genetic Testing
- What are the impacts and implications?
Chair: Westyn Branch-Elliman, Instructor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School
7) Drug Discovery
- Expediting the drug development through genomics, structural and cultural changes
Chair: Nadeem Sarwar, President, AiM Institute, Eisai
8) Big Data and the CNS
- using big data datasets and approaches in the development of medicines for CNS indications including NDDs and pain/migraine disorders
Chair: Michael Burczynski, Senior Director and Head of Translational Biomarker Research, Early Stage Development, Teva
9) Stem Cells & Rare Disseises
- How to develop an infrastructure in which researchers can be connected with patients and tools to develop therapies
10) Text mining and Image Recognition
- Developing new tools
Chair: Karim Galil, CEO, Mendel Health
11) Scientific Software
- Enabling research at Verily
Chair: Mauricio Carneiro, Head of Scientific Software, Verily (Google Life Sciences)
12) Standards in Genetic Testing
– Setting the benchmark in quality data sets
Chair: Robert Burton, Founder and CEO, Center for Genomic Interpretation
Drug Discovery - Expediting the drug development through genomics, structural and cultural changes