Don Langford is Senior Vice President, Technology overseeing all of the technology initiatives which are key to positioning Virgin Atlantic for future success. Don and his team recently introduced the airline’s new cutting-edge passenger service system, AIR4, the biggest business and technology transformation in Virgin Atlantic’s history. AIR4 provides employees with the latest technology to care for and delight the airline’s passengers, and offers customers enhanced features for managing their travel from ticketing to arrival.
Don joined Virgin Atlantic from American Airlines and holds over 30 years’ experience in the airline industry. In his prior role at American Airlines, Don was Vice President Customer Care based in Fort Worth, Texas. In that capacity he was responsible for 12 contact centres and 81 airports where he led over 8,000 employees across the globe. Don has also spent over a decade working for American Airlines in the UK, acquiring citizenship during that time. Here, he was Managing Director for Customer Service, Europe and India, and before that he held the role of Managing Director of AA’s operations at Heathrow.
Don graduated from the University of Minnesota in 1981. He and his family reside in London, from where he attends the matches of his beloved Manchester City whenever possible.
Aviation Festival - Day 2 @ 12:45
What are the main challenges in terms of rethinking current processes and building digital into an airlines DNA?
- What is holding back airline CIOs and CDOs from implementing and executing their digital vision and strategy?
- How will blockchain help enable new capabilities and remove internal and external barriers?
- What ongoing implications will the GDPR have on our industry drive for more data driven and personalised services and systems?
- Uncovering the real potential of Artificial Intelligence: How could AI impact various customer touchpoints and what kind of advancements should we expect to see in 2019?
- How will airlines integrate VR/AR technology for customer experience and enhanced maintenance operations?
- Are we going far enough in terms of open innovation and collaboration with start-ups, partners and digital intermediaries?
Aviation Festival - Day 2 @ 17:00
We have partnered with some of the best airline innovation hubs and accelerators from around the world to solve the everyday problems that the aviation industry faces.
Some of the very best organisations that have emerged from our research will give a 3-minute pitch on stage to you the audience and to or carefully selected judging panel of some of the industry’s most informed executives.
Join us to see how we as an industry can innovate through collaborating with start-ups to meet the needs of our passengers