Technology and experience for the world’s airports
Brand new for 2018 we are introducing Airport T.EX which looks at technology and passenger experience for the world’s airports. The world’s leading airports are turning to new technologies to elevate the passenger experience and we aim to showcase some of the latest innovations that are creating a more seamless on the ground experience for passengers around the world.
This is why we have created Airport T.EX and we aim to be the world’s most important event for airport passenger technology. This will be where the future of pre-travel, check-in, baggage, security, wayfinding, lounge, gate technology and experience will be decided.
Chief Executive Officer
Bangalore International Airport
Chief Information Officer
Heathrow Airports Limited
Henk Jan Gerzee
VP of Information Technology
Hamad International Airport
General Manager Strategic Planning & Development
Brisbane Airport Corporation
New Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport
Senior Vice President, Marketing and Corporate Communications
Chief Digital Officer
Director of Technologies and Innovation
Aeroports de Montreal
Chief Information Officer
Division Director for Information Systems
Miami Dade County, Aviation Department
Chief Commercial Officer
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Int'l Airport
Head of I.T. Commercial and Innovation
Manager Air Service Development
Calgary Airport Authority
Airport Operations IT Leader
Heathrow Airports Limited
Aimen Al Hosni
Airport T.EX, Wednesday 5 September 2018
Opening Keynote Address: How Stockholm designed “Airport City” to create an interactive dialogue with passengers
- Non-aeronautical revenue streams and their ever-increasing importance
- Airport City: the sustainable retail and development project that will pave the way to Stockholm’s future
- Why Stockholm has chosen to go down this route and how will it ultimately benefit the passenger?
Rethinking Airport Retail - Data Driven Experiences
- Today’s travelers want the same type of convenience and personalization they get in all the other parts of their lives
- What are the types of data driven experiences and personalization that will be possible with emerging tech, IoT and AI?
- Rethinking the roles transformative technology and connected commerce have in Airport Retail
How Finavia develops customer experience to transferring passengers?
- How to make the most of Airports and the data-paradise within.
- How to pull the vast streams of data that IoT and beacons provides us into useful information?
- Why do we need to adapt legacy processes to become more agile and lean?
Budapest’s strategy to drive revenue through collaboration with airlines
- A success story: how we have partnered with Wizz to create retail offers
- Developing retail spaces and the associated infrastructure to maximise opportunities
- What role will retail play in the seamless experience of the future?
Morning break and refreshments
- What is the future of retail in airport revenue generation?
- Which technologies are going to have the biggest impact on non-aeronautical revenue?
- What is the key to agile product development in airports?
- With rising passenger expectations and rapidly-changing technology, how can we as an industry evolve to meet these challenges?
How CVG is transforming our airport through the use of beacon technology?
- Informing passengers and leveraging beacons to accurately predict passenger flow
- The impact this has ad on our understanding of the airport and future revenue generation opportunities
- How will blockchain and beacons interact in a future blockchain environment that encompasses the door to seat experience and beyond?
How are Heathrow automating processes throughout the airport for smooth navigation of the airport?
- Unlocking capacity through automation
- How we track the customer journey from biometric validation through to passport control using a digital identity and smart infra.
- What next? How can airports learn from our experience and how are we looking to take the next steps to build revenue?
Decreasing waiting times and stress through accurate, IoT-fuelled information
- Why providing a truly seamless experience is crucial to the development of the airport business model
- How can beacon technology and intelligent AV products facilitate this exchange of information?
- What changes we were able to implement as a consequence of an intelligent beacon strategy
Broadcasting to Passengers – why we must fight the temptation
Wayfinding and beacon: How Edinburgh is exploring how communication can be improved by moving away from broadcastingClear communication to passengers is vital within an tannoy announcements, flight information display screens, and gate screens.How our habit of using broadcast techniques is holding us back from properly embracing individual passenger engagement.
With rising passenger expectations and rapidly-changing technology, how can we as an industry evolve to meet these challenges? Our roundtables are hosted by senior level topic specialists. Participants are asked to introduce themselves to the table, and then as a group, they brainstorm and produce their suggestions on what technology would work best for them.
Enhancing the travel experience with passenger data analytics
Rami Hindieh, Associate Director, Greater Toronto Airports Authority
How to design a digital ready terminal that is ready for today's technology strategies?
last published: 17/Aug/18 11:45
Airport T.EX, Thursday 6 September 2018
With rising passenger expectations and rapidly-changing technology, how can we as an industry evolve to meet these challenges? Our roundtables are hosted by senior level topic specialists. Participants are asked to introduce themselves to the table, and then as a group, they brainstorm and produce their suggestions on what technology would work best for them. After 30 minutes, there is one rotation, so participants can join two tables during the session.
A data driven Journey
Jose Alvarez, EMEA Industry Strategy Director, Oracle
How the Industrial Internet can help you drive greater asset productivity and improve flight efficiency?
Now that nearly half (43%) of all available seat miles (ASM) worldwide offer at least a chance of Wi-Fi what are the connectivity requirements and best practices that the industry should be offering airlines and their passengers?
Jon Norris, Senior Director - Marketing, Panasonic Avionics
Exclusive Keynote: Hamad International Airport: Taking innovation beyond the tech arena by using blockchain, biometrics and IoT.
- Creating a series of projects that leveragetechnologies such as blockchain, biometrics and IoT to create the world’s most technologically advanced airport
- The challenges faced when retrofitting the most advanced IoT technology in pre-digital infrastructure
- How to ensure a rapid walkthrough experience whilst building the IT architecture behind boosting non-aeronautical revenue.
- How can we transform the world’s busiest hubs to be ready for future technology demands
- Fostering growth with partners through intelligent collaboration
- Improving guest experience and driving revenue through the use of vast pools of data and advanced analytics
Cathal Corcoran, Chief Information Officer, Gatwick Airport
How blockchain will revolutionise security and digital identity in the context of international travel
How blockchain is radically changing the way that we think about the security processWhat elements of blockchain mean that it is perfectly suited solving these data privacy issuesReplacing the Hub. A dream that is finally becoming a reality for airports
Secure digital identities for next-generation air travel: using biometrics to bridge the gap curb-to-destination
The new biometric and analytic technology that can keep borders safe while making travel, curb to destination, easier for everyone involvedThe key commercial development cycles that fine-tuned biometrics for use with the general populationHow that technology was then transitioned and adapted for use in the airports to be used for ticketless boarding and automatic customs checks without the use for tradition physical credentials.
How innovative data collection over the last ten years and biometrics has provided a feedback loop for the borders of the future
- How the Department of Homeland Security sees the future of digital identity
- How DHS is leveraging decades of excellence to provide the best customer journey possible
- What airports and airlines can do to make best use of this approach and drive innovation
Biometrics as the future of seamless travel at Delhi
- Lessons learnt from leveraging Biometrics through India’s largest aviation trial.
- Our system integration why it is the key to the challenges faced by seamless walkthrough
- Predictive maintenance, IoT and smart assets. The impact data has had on GMR and Delhi
last published: 17/Aug/18 11:45
Airport T.EX, Friday 7 September 2018
Keynote Interview - Paul Griffiths, CEO, Dubai Airports
Paul sits down to discuss reimagining how Dubai sees the airports of the future. We will be reviewing his vision for DBX and the exciting new projects being undertaken there. What technologies will be the drivers of change in the travel industry? How can we prepare ourselves for this and what are the commercial opportunities going forward?
Keynote Interview - Hari Marar, CEO, Bangalore International Airport
Being based in the Silicon Valley of India, Bangalore has unique opportunities to leverage new technologies. Hari will come to the Aviation Festival to discuss how Bangalore are benefiting from their Innovation Lab through single token development, asset management and analytics to match the soaring capacity needs of the Indian market.
Keynote Interview: Henk Jan Gerzee, CDO, Amsterdam Schiphol
Schiphol’s new Chief Digital Officer to give his vision of Schiphol and the aviation sector at large. Schiphol is uniquely placed to take advantage of a plethora of opportunities through intelligent data management. Henk Jan will sit down to tell us where their digital priorities lie.
- How should the world’s airports be looking to adapt and use technology to help maximise efficiency and revenues?
- What will be retail’s role in the airports of the future and how can technology facilitate retail growth?
- As security demands become ever more stringent and capacity increases, what can we do to improve passenger flow and experience?
MAG-O: Building a seamless walkthrough experience through radical innovation from the ground up
- The reasons behind MAG’s decision to reconstruct their digital architecture from scratch
- How to identify passenger pain points and centre innovation groups around them
- How to drive seamless passenger experience: our vision of the future airport
Creating the Airport Effect
- How Airlines may reap financial and operational benefits from working in true collaborative partnerships
- How to bring together Airports, Air Navigation Services Providers and advanced Technology Providers
How is Montreal using technology to create a more seamless travel experience and improved operational efficiency?
- How has Montreal embraced technology to deliver real impacts on passenger experience?
- How we have progressed and used the pools of data collected to further improve operational efficiency
- What is the potential for airports to capitalize on emerging technologies to improve passenger experience and what could be the effect of new regulations and cybersecurity on these initiatives?
Brisbane’s strategic vision: how we are incorporating innovation for seamless walkthrough.
- The story behind our knowledge management and how we spread expertise through the airport
- How biometric technology is being deployed into every stage of the passenger experience
- Future vision: The potential of digital collaboration with airlines.
How to avoid a two-speed airport and ensure that digital is spread across our entire organisation?
- What have we done up until now to place the customer at the heart of the what we do.
- What are the cultural challenges we faced when implementing innovation at Brussels BRU?
- Finding the balance of creativity without limits and the practicalities of the aviation sector
How Luton have used key principles to drive innovation and build a customer-centric airport experience.
- How to future proof our airport to ensure smart devices are at the heart of each element of an airport.
- Automating processes to build a seamless, digital customer journey that, in turn, drives ancillary revenues.
- How we are leveraging IoT and beacons to make device and asset tracking possible.
The story behind the digital transformation of Copenhagen’s successful baggage process
- Why we are using camera technology to scan barcodes
- How we are improving image analysis of baggage
- Is RFID a realistic aim and how can we reach a new norm as an industry
How to deploy new technology at each stage of the passenger journey for smooth walkthrough
- Automatizing complex procedures to create synergies between airlines and airports
- Ensuring implementation of the techology is ultimately beneficial to the passenger experience
- With mobile technologies and integrated systems how big can we think going forward?
last published: 17/Aug/18 11:45
Passenger journey and flow technology
Data driven analytics
Kiosk, bag drop and security
IT system integrators
Cloud and IoT
Head of Experience
Head of Technology
Head of Customer
Head of IT
For sponsorship and exhibition please contact Martyn McMurray on
Mark Your Calendars Now!
Conference 5-7 September • Exhibition & Seminars 6-7 September
The Aviation Festival is two events:
a world-class international conference
featuring leading airline speakers from around the world; and
a technology exhibition
showcasing the latest innovations global leaders to the start-ups.
To visit the exhibition is free. There is, naturally, a registration fee to attend the conference.