Fixed and mobile operators with all or part of their business within what is demonstrably an emerging market.
This category will be assessed by our independent panel of judges.
About this category:
The winner in this category will be the operator that has best adapted to emerging market characteristics and overcome challenges to achieve commercial success and improve the lives of customers. Entrants with a multi-national footprint should focus solely on their emerging market operations or a single emerging market.
The entry should focus on developments during the period 1 November 2015 to 30 April 2018.
INTRODUCTION (tell us what it is in <50 words)
Which market(s) does your entry cover?
SUMMARY (what you did and why <500 words)
What are the key characteristics of the emerging market(s) in which you operate?
• Briefly explain how you have tailored your strategy to address these
What services do you offer that are specific to the market needs?
• How do your services compare with those of rival operators?
How have you evolved your network infrastructure to best serve your target market?
• What investments have you made in infrastructure and in local employment?
RESULTS (show evidence <500 words)
How successful is your emerging market strategy?
• How many customers do you have?
• Provide evidence of customer growth and service take-up
Provide financial metrics to show business growth.
• Outline any new services/initiatives that have enabled you to grow ARPU or improve customer retention. Show evidence of this.
Show evidence of customer satisfaction.
• How has quality of service improved?
• How does your service improve the lives of your customers?
Provide up to three supporting testimonials.
Providing solid evidence to back up your claims of success is key in this category. The judges are looking for facts and figures to enable them to select the operator that has had the strongest impact on its target market. Evidence of a carefully-considered strategy is also important.
Last year's winner
For full details download the categories brochure